15 - Do you need me?

To celebrate the battle ending, everyone in town held a festival. The Holy Knights punishment was to restore any damage done to the town and the sins were awarded for all they had done to help, meaning they were no longer criminals. We were having a celebration in the tavern, a few Holy Knights joining us as we did so. It felt quite peculiar to be able to celebrate a victory with a group. It had always been either just Ban and I or just myself. It was a good feeling swelling in me as Diane and I drunkenly sung together. Finally we parted so she could speak with Elizabeth and I caught eyes with a certain pair of emerald ones. I made my way over to him and smiled once I was properly in sight.

"Having fun Mel?" I hiccuped, swaying slightly on the spot. He grinned up at me with slightly glassy eyes from the amount of alcohol he consumed.

"Always am when you're around." He winked cheekily and a spew of giggles fell from us both. He nodded towards the exit of the tavern, silently asking me to follow him. I obliged, although I was confused to the point. Why would we leave the party? Unless he had something important to tell me.

"Is everything okay, Mel?" I creased my brows, settling next to him on the porch. He sighed as he ran a hand through his hair.

"I know how close you are to your brother, so I wanted to tell you. After tonight, he's setting off on a journey alone. He didn't say what it was for but I believe it has something to do with Elaine." Once he finished, I turned to face forwards, my eyes settled on the stars. I let out a huff of air, my vision being slightly less clear due to my intoxicated state.

"I had a feeling something like this would happen if I was honest. What are your plans now?" I wondered aloud. He placed his hand over mine, drawing my attention back to him.

"Well I still need to find Escanor, the Lion sin of pride. I could always use your help, Ami." His eyes twinkled under the moon and stars, I could see the emotion sloshing around in his grassy orbs.

"But what if Ban needs me?" I muttered, not being able to bring myself to break eye contact. He smiled slightly, cocking his head to the right. I noticed the little flicker down that his eyes did before he spoke.

"That's a possibility. But what if I need you?" He reached up, placing his hand over my cheek, his thumb running along the cheekbone. The magnets were back and neither of us could help but inch closer to each other, the amount of ale flooding our systems throwing any sense of better judgement out of the window.

"Do you need me?" I murmured, our lips hovering a mere few inches apart. His hot breath fanned my face, similarly to how mine was probably hitting his.

"I will always need you, Amihan." That was enough motivation for him to close the gap, our soft lips colliding with such intense passion and want. It felt like the whole world had stopped. The loud sounds of the party faded to nothing, the slightly nipping night wind feeling like a protective barrier to anything breaking our kiss. Meliodas grabbed my waist and pulled me onto his lap, his fingers digging in enough to send a wave of something through my body, but not enough to feel uncomfortable. I settled my hands in his hair, tugging on the strands until a low growl left his lips, leaving a chance for me to invade his mouth with my tongue. He wasn't going to take that lightly, that I knew. Our tongues battled until his finally won dominance and a small groan fell from my lips.

"Captain, there's something I-" We jumped apart at the sound of a third party, my body landing off of the porch and I hissed at the pain sent up my back and ass. Merlin was stood at the doorway of the tavern, her right eyebrow raised and eyes darting between us.

"Yes Merlin?" Meliodas croaked before clearing his throat and turning to her with unreadable eyes.

"Don't look at me like that Meliodas, I won't tell of whatever I just stumbled upon. I came to say I can sense a strange power coming from Edinburgh." Meliodas looked into the distance, his flushed face draining slightly and his gaze settled in a glare.

"What's wrong?" I questioned the obvious, confused on the sudden mood change.

"Tomorrow we set off for Escanor. The Ten Commandments have arrived."

"How is it fair that you have a commandment and I don't?" Zeldris pouted slightly, staring at his best friend. Amihan ruffled his black hair and smiled at him.

"You're just not as strong as me Zel, I have been telling you this for years." Amihan boasted, though she was only teasing.

"I bet this was Meliodas' doing. It's completely unfair." Zeldris didn't let up, his mood completely sour since Amihan told him that she was given a commandment by the demon king.

"I think it's Chandler more so. He's been training Meliodas and I for years now, we've both finally managed to learn the Full Counter ability he was working on with us." Amihan noticed how Zeldris' distaste for his brother grew by the day. She worried it was due to her getting closer to the man, but she hoped that wasn't the case. He had to know that he would always be her best friend, no matter what.

My brain felt heavy as the memory like day dream flashed in my head, making me jump to my feet as soon as it ended. I stared into the distance where Merlin stated the 'ten commandments' were settled and felt a pit in my stomach grow.

"What's wrong Amihan?" Merlin asked, getting closer to where I was stood.

"Don't call me crazy Merlin. But I keep getting strange vision like daydreams of myself with different people. Someone who strikes a terrifying resemblance to Meliodas. They also include someone called Zeldris frequently." I sighed, not looking away from the stars in the distance. I missed the look Merlin shot Meliodas, one he dismissed.

"I don't understand it. I've never met someone called Zeldris before, and I never met Meliodas before a few months ago. I don't understand why I keep seeing these strange visions. But the one I just had terrified me. The boy, Zeldris, has something to do with these commandments. I'm sure of it." I finished, swallowing glumly. I turned back to the pair and brushed myself down, fixing my hair slightly too.

"I'm too sober. I need some ale." I grumbled, manoeuvring around the two and back into the Boar Hat.