(Season 2) Chapter 6 Sunken Ruin of Melusine

No one's POV

They traveled roughly three hundred kilometers northwest. That was where the Sunken Ruins of Melusine were hidden, according to Miledi Reisen. However, they hadn't had time to get its precise location out of her before she'd flushed them out. On top of that, she'd mentioned something about the moon, and needing Gruen's crest.

For now, Sora decided to find the ruins' location, and then go from there. They arrived at the location Miledi had mentioned around noon, and began searching the bottom of the ocean. Unfortunately, they found nothing of note. Since it was a sunken ruin, Sora had expected to find some trace of it on the floor, but there was nothing.

The only difference was the depth. The surrounding areas were around one hundred kilometers deep, but the supposed location of the ruins was slightly shallower.

The party reluctantly cut their search short and decided to do as Miledi had said. They patiently waited for the moon to come out.

At present, it was sunset. The sun had almost completely sunk beneath the horizon, and was illuminating the sky with the last of its rays. Both the sea and the sky were dyed a dazzling shade of vermillion. A single streak of light ran through the water, connecting the horizon and the sun. No matter the world, nature's beauty was unchanged. Sora anchored the sub and headed up to the deck.

Hajime: Maybe if I follow that ray of light all the way to the sun, it'll lead me back to Japan

Sora: Heh, don't be ridiculous. The Sunken Ruins of Melusine... They're supposed to be around here somewhere.

Kaori: What're you both thinking about?

Kaori walked over to Sora and Hajime.

She'd just gotten out of the shower Hajime'd installed into the submarine, and her hair was damp. Aishia, Yue, Shea, and Tio followed behind her. It seemed they'd all been taking a shower, as their skin was slightly flushed and their hair damp. It was quite an alluring sight. The shower poured hot water directly from the ceiling, so it was possible for them all to take one together.

Sora(mind): Guess they're all getting along now.

Sora: Thinking about Japan.

Hajime: We have the same kind of sunset back home.

Kaori: It's just like the sunset I saw by the ocean in japan. It feels like such a long time ago, though it hasn't even been six months yet. Our time here has been too hectic.

Sora: It feels like the days here stretch on forever.

Kaori sat down between Sora and Hajime and nodded, her eyes gazing off into the distance. She was thinking back to their days in Japan. Feeling lonely at being left out of the conversation, Yue tottered over to Hajime and sat down on his lap. While Aishia sat to Sora's right and lean on his shoulder. Yue and Aishia leaned back and looked up at Sora and Hajime.