Chapter 2 Azure Plant

No one's POV

The scorpion monster had appeared right after Sora and Hajime had freed Yue from her prison. It had charged towards Sora and Hajime with Yue on Hajime's back. Hajime went and fired multiple shots, but it made no dent to its skin. Sora then came rushing in with Murasame to slice its skin, but it made no dent as well.

Sora: I can't even cut off it skin. Its totally different from the rest of them.

Hajime: Well bring in on! If you're going to get in our way, we'll kill and eat you!

Hajime once again fired multiple shots towards the scorpion monsters, and Sora fired multiple Spirit Art magic towards the scorpion monsters. The monsters didn't yell screams of pain as it just spray poison acid and needles towards both Sora and Hajime as the two of them were blitzing around. With Sora and his [Wind Manipulation] Spirit Art and Hajime's Supersonic Steps.

Hajime: If only we could get through its thick shell..

Sora: What about heat? If I used [Fire Manipulation] Spirit Art that goes up to 3000 degree Celsius, it should be enough to burnt off its skin and made an opening for Murasame to kill it.

Suddenly, blue fire started surrounding Sora as he started charging up an attack. The scorpion saw this and charged towards Sora, but was blocked by Hajime and Yue looked at Sora surprised.

Yue(mind): He doesn't use magic symbols nor chant a words of incantation... He directly controls magic like me...

Sora: I'll finish it off with this...

With that, Hajime jumped off the way as Sora fired his Magic.

Sora: Take this!

Just as the spell is about to hit its maximum limit, the scorpion fired multiple needle and poison acid towards the blast that cancels out Sora's magic shocking him, Hajime and Yue all together.

Sora: You've gotta be shitting me!

Yue: Sora! Hajime!

Hajime: Don't worry about it. This is nothing!

Sora: If anything, that thing has a strong defense... I don't see any ways to capture it..

Hajime put Yue's worried face out of his mind for the moment and both of them concentrated on finding a way to defeat it. But they became distracted when they heard Yue's murmured words.

Yue:...Why?

Hajime: Huh?

Yue: Why don't either of you run?

Yue's words implied that Hajime and Sora should already have realized they could leave her and escape by themselves. Both Sora and Hajime looked at her, evidently dumbfounded.

Sora: Don't be ridiculous. We haven't fallen so low that we'd leave you behind to die just 'cause the enemy we ran into's a little stronger than usual.

In order to survive, Hajime and Sora would use anything at their disposal, whether it was ambushes, tricks, traps, lies, bluffs, and all sorts of other cowardly tactics. Yue saw in their expression the words they didn't say and nodded in understanding before suddenly hugging Hajime.