(Season 2) Chapter 17 The Events of a Single Day Pt 1

No one's POV

After they finished hashing out the details, Sora, Aishia, Celia, Hajime, Yue, and Shizuku headed out into the city. The main street was a lot noisier than usual. Normally, all that noise would indicate a bustling, lively city. But most of the voices today sounded subdued. The capital had seen too much tragedy to be lively.

It had only been five days since the battle, and most of the citizens were still grieving the loss of their homes and loved ones. But despite their despair, they still worked diligently to repair the city. They worked through the pain of their loss, repairing homes and clearing streets. That, more than anything, spoke to how strong humans were.

Sora took in the restoration effort as he walked down the street, a large bag of pseudo-hot dogs in his arms

Sora took in the restoration effort as he walked down the street, a large bag of pseudo-hot dogs in his arms. Tortus' version of the popular street food used some kind of meat that was somewhat different than a sausage to fill its buns.

Sora, Aishia, Celia, Hajime, Yue, and Shizuku all stuffed their faces full of food as they headed to the Adventurer's Guild. Once they finished their business there, Hajime would be going to repair the city's barrier. Shizuku had tagged along because he needed someone to guide him there. While after the incident, Celia didn't want to be seperated from Sora ever again, which made him averted his gaze away clearly embarrassed.

Shea, Kaori, Aiko, and Tio were waiting inside the castle. Shea had realized non-humans wouldn't be very welcome in the city right now, and had chosen to remain of her own volition. Even if the people knew in their heads that it had been demons specifically who'd attacked them, right now any non-human was a fair target to vent their anger on.

As the capital was the seat of the church's power, there weren't many non-humans living there to begin with. Even possessing beastmen slaves was frowned upon. So Sora had to admit, Kaori and the others had made the right choice.

Though Kaori's current body looked passably human, no one who saw would think she actually was one. Aiko could have tagged along, but she'd decided to help Liliana with her mounting workload. Tio could easily pass as a human, but she was exhausted after casting Spirit magic nonstop for five days and was taking a well-deserved rest.

Celia: So... what exactly are we going to the adventurer's guild for?

Celia took another bite of her cheese-coated pseudo-hot dog and looked at Sora.

Sora: I need to let them know I've completed a quest. To be honest, I wanted to go to Fuhren to tell the person who issued it directly, but it's too much of a pain to detour south from here. Besides, I'm sure headquarters will pass the report along.

Shizuku: Is this... about that Myu girl? Come to think of it, I haven't seen her around anywhere...

Hajime explained how Sora had returned her to her real mother and Shizuku muttered sadly.

Shizuku: I wish I could have hugged her...

Though Shizuku hadn't known Myu for long, her cuteness had won Shizuku over already. While Celia asked who Myu is, Aishia gave a blunt reply about Myu being Sora's adopted daughter making her eyes widened in surprise. Yue's reply to that was one Shizuku certainly hadn't been expecting.