(Season 2) Chapter 7 A Miraculous Meeting

No one's POV

A gentle sea breeze washed across the shore as waves lapped against the beach. Amidst this picturesque, tranquil scene, a single boy heaved a frustrated sigh. That boy was of course Sora. Four days had passed since he and his friends had conquered the Sunken Ruins of Melusine. Sora was currently sitting cross-legged on the wooden porch of Remia's house, seemingly deep in thought.

Sora(mind) : I want to leave Erisen right after we got through the Sunken Ruins of Melusine, but...

Sora: *sigh* What to do...

Judging by the sigh and the frustration face, he want to say goodbye to Myu. However, he didn't know how to say goodbye.

Myu: Papa! It's lunch time!

The dagon girl who'd just jumped out of the ocean like a flying fish. Myu, the girl who'd gotten extremely attached to Sora in the short time they'd been together. She leaped toward Sora, still dripping seawater. If Sora caught her, his clothes would end up soaked. So naturally, he—

Sora: Hey, stop that! You're getting everything all wet, Myu!

Myu: I'm sorry!

Caught her anyway. And even though he was scolding her, he didn't sound the least bit angry. Sora had quite the soft spot for Myu.

Sora: Where's Aishia and the others?

Myu: They're already eating. They gave me a mission to come get you!

Myu puffed her chest out proudly. Sora, who almost perpetually had a frown on his face, smiled.

Sora: I see. Thanks, Myu. You did great.

In front of his adopted daughter, his dour personality vanished. Had Sora's classmates been able to see him now, they would have been shocked. Even though he'd given them the cold shoulder, here he was, smiling warmly. For her part, Myu was all smiles as well. She loved nothing more than being praised by her beloved daddy. Incidentally, her laugh was quite reminiscent of Remia's, and you could clearly tell they were related. Myu would gladly have spent the next hour nuzzling with her father, but she had a mission to complete. She quickly returned to her senses and got to her feet. She then grabbed Sora's hand and pulled him up.

Myu: Hurry, Papa! Or Mama's food will get cold!

Sora: Alright, alright, I'm coming. Want me to carry you?

Myu: N-No, I'm on a mission!

Myu valiantly resisted the temptation to jump into Sora's arms.

Sora(mind): What a strong girl!

Sora thought with a smile. But at the same time, he was still grappling with how he was going to tell Myu he'd need to leave her behind when he resumed his journey. That was the other reason for his sighs. As he let Myu pull him along, he furrowed his brows and gave the matter some more thought.

 As he let Myu pull him along, he furrowed his brows and gave the matter some more thought