(Season 2) Chapter 1 The Dukedom of Ankaji

No one's POV

Sand stretched on as far as the eye could see. Sora and his companions had finally arrived at the Gruen Desert. The grains of sand were so fine that the whole thing looked like one unbroken brown sheet. The incessant winds had covered the sky in so much dust that even it looked brown. Anywhere one looked, all they would see is sand.

The only thing breaking the monotony was the dunes that undulated through the desert like waves

The only thing breaking the monotony was the dunes that undulated through the desert like waves. The wind pushed them along at a steady pace, giving the desert the semblance of one massive living creature.

The sun's harsh rays heated the sand below until it glowed red. It was easily over 40 degrees Celsius. With sand flying everywhere too, it made for an inhospitable environment.

For normal travelers, anyway. Brise tore through the dunes like it was nothing. And because it was completely enclosed, none of the sand or the heat bothered Sora and the others. Furthermore, the magnetic compass Hajime had installed into the dashboard kept them from getting lost.

 Furthermore, the magnetic compass Hajime had installed into the dashboard kept them from getting lost

Shea: It looks pretty hot outside. Good thing we're not in a carriage.

Tio: Indeed. I'm not so weak that a little heat and wind would hinder me, but... it certainly is more comfortable not having to brave it.

Shea and Tio stared out of the window at the unforgiving wasteland they were currently traversing. Tio may have been a masochist, but even she wouldn't welcome that kind of discomfort.

Myu: It's so different from the last time I was here! It's so cool, and my eyes don't hurt! Big Brother Hajime is just as awesome as Papa!

Hajime: Just as...? Does that mean, Sora's better than me, Myu?

Myu: Yes!

Hajime: Ugh 😣!

Aishia: Ouch.

Myu: But your still awesome, Big Brother!

Kaori: That's right! Papa Hajime is awesome. Myu-chan, do you want some cold water?

Myu: Yeah! Thank you, Kaori-oneechan~