Season 1 Finale Chapter 20 Departure

No one's POV

Kaori: I love you, Hajime!

There she finally said it to Hajime, the person who was frozen solid.

Hajime: Shirasaki...

Seeing her determination, Hajime felt he had to respond truthfully.

Hajime: Sorry, but there's already someone I'm in love with, so I can't respond to your feelings. That's why you can't come with us.

Kaori bit her lip and hung her head. However, after a few seconds, she found her determination again. Holding back tears, she looked up at Hajime and nodded. Behind her, the other students groaned in despair, but she paid them no mind. She'd already decided on her course of action.

Kaori: I know. It's Yue, right?

Hajime: Yeah, so...

Kaori: But that's not a reason to refuse to let me come with you.

Hajime: What?

Kaori: After all, Shea is in love with Sora and Tio is in love with you too. Am I wrong?

Hajime: That's...

Kaori: They know you and Sora are in love with Yue and Aishia, but you still let them join you. So tell me, why is it any different here? After all... my feelings for you are stronger than anyone else's.

Kaori looked back at Yue as she said that, the fire burning bright in her eyes. She wouldn't let Yue laugh at her any longer. This was her declaration of war. She would steal the spot of Hajime's most beloved person for herself. Yue's lips curled up into a rare smile. It seemed Kaori would be a worthy rival after all.

Yue: Fine, you can come. I'll show you just how huge the gap is between us.

Kaori: My name's not 'you.' Call me Kaori.

Yue: Then you can just call me Yue. I'll accept your challenge, Kaori.

Kaori: Fufu. Very well, Yue. Don't come crying to me when you lose, though.

Yue: Fufufufufufu.

Kaori: Ahahahahahaha.

The two of them were lost in their own world

The two of them were lost in their own world. Even though he was the one who'd been confessed to, Hajime felt as if he was suddenly left out. The decision to let her join had been made without even consulting him. Myu and Shea hugged each other and fearfully watched the two girls verbally duke it out.

Shea: Am I seeing things...? Or did a dragon appear behind Yue...?

Hajime: You're not...I see something behind Shirasaki too... A demon...?

Sora: Well, your doomed.

Myu: Papa! Big Sisters's scaring me!

Aishia: Don't look at them. Close your eyes.