Friends

Wow. It's been a hot minute since I updated this. Oops?

A single word could define your relationship with Cutup:

Friends.

However, it seemed to be the only word he couldn't understand.

You say you love me

I say you're crazy

We're nothing more than friends

He just couldn't grasp the concept of a platonic relationship with someone who he saw as the crown jewel of Kamino. He had fallen head over heels in love with you during your very first conversation, and his feelings only grew with every passing day.

You're not my lover

More like a brother

I've known you since we were like ten

Like him, you were Kaminoan experiment, but not a clone. The Kaminoans had combined the DNA of several donors into one living organism, hoping to use the results to further advance their cloning effort. If they could pick and choose traits from multiple people, they could clone the resulting person and create a far more powerful army. The experiment worked, so you were kept alive to donate blood sample after sample for the Kaminoans to create clones of you - the epitome of human perfection - in various different ways to maximize effectiveness. You had been raised alongside the clones, and met Cutup and the rest of Domino Squad when you were ten years old. Twenty, physically.

Don't mess it up

Talking that shit

Only gonna push me away

That's it

Cutup confessed to you a few months after meeting - moments after he had received his graduation medal for completing his training. He literally sprung towards you and asked you out. Friend-zoning him was hard, he was so sweet, but you had to be honest with him. He deflated, miserable. You told him that you had no interest in a relationship with anyone whatsoever, to which he became slightly perkier - at least there wasn't someone else.

When you say you love me

That makes me crazy

Here we go again...

You were assigned to join Domino Squad on the Rishi Moon Outpost near Kamino a few months later. Only a week after your arrival, a squadron of commando droids attacked the base.

Don't go look at me with that look in your eye

Thanks to O'niner's guidance, your skill, and the teamwork of the troopers, you quickly defeated the droids, and the base was secure once more.

You really ain't going away without a fight

After the Republic had been contacted regarding the impending Separatist invasion and Kamino was safe for the moment, Cutup sidled up next to you with a flirty grin, intending to try and charm you. Of course, it didn't work, and all he got from his attempts was an eye roll and a lighthearted shove. At least, you thought it was lighthearted. With your enhanced strength, the gesture floored Cutup. He had laughed and said he could think of worse situations than being knocked down by such a stunning person as yourself, but instead of responding, you stepped over him and went to get a snack. There was a bag of chips calling your name.

You can't be reasoned with

Of course, Cutup's flirtatious nature refused to let up, and he grew more and more determined to be with you.

I'm done being polite

No matter what you did, no matter what you said, he just didn't get it.

I've told you one

"We're not a couple."

Two

"This isn't a date."

Three

"You're not my boyfriend."

Four

"My answer isn't going to change."

Five

"We always have been, and always will be."

Six thousand times

"Friends."

Haven't I made it obvious?

Haven't I made it clear?

One day, Cutup found you speaking to Rex about an upcoming mission, and sidled you next to his Commanding Officer, requesting to borrow you for a moment. You rolled yours eyes as Rex shrugged and marched off, knowing where this was going.

Want me to spell it out for you?

F-R-I-E-N-D-S

Cutup flashed you a charming grin as he took a small step towards you, extracting a small blue flower from a pouch on his belt as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Y/n, you're absolutely spectacular," he began. "Smart, kind, funny, humble, and far more interesting than anyone else I've ever met. Even Jedi pale in comparison to you. So, from one interesting jokester to another, would you do me the honor of taking me as your boyfriend?"

You stared at him blankly for a moment, sincerely hoping for both of your sakes that he was kidding.

He wasn't.

You sighed, dragging your hands over your face, then seized the opportune silence, leaping into what you had wanted to say to him for months, but never had the courage to.

"Cutup, I don't like you, okay? Haven't I made it obvious? I know you like me, but I just... can't. I can't do this. I thought I made that clear. Do you really need me to spell it out for you?"

F-R-I-E-N-D-S

F-R-I-E-N-D-S

"Don't you get it, Cutup?" you sighed, exasperated by his constant attempts to charm you. "It's never going to happen. You're great, and a really do like you, but not in the way you like me. I can't like you like that. I'm aromantic."

Curio stared at you blankly. "What does that mean?"

You sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose. The Kaminoan education system certainly needed work. The clones had to be taught a few things of the general knowledge variety. "It means that I have no interest in a relationship, or flirting, or whatever it is that you want from this. I'm sorry. We can't be anything more than friends."

"Oh..." Cutup deflated, defeated. Still, he forced a smile. "That's... okay, I guess."

"I'm really sorry."

"Don't worry about it," Cutup insisted with a dismissive wave. "I get it. Thank you for telling me."

"If it makes you feel any better," you began, smiling softly. "If I was interested in a relationship, you'd be the first person I'd go for."

Cutup grinned. "Aww. That... actually is a little better. I've got something to brag to Hevy about," he stated proudly, puffing out his chest.

You rolled your eyes, but couldn't stop a smirk from forming on your now relaxed face. "Never change, Cutup. Never change."