Not the Avatar Part 1

OH MY GOD SEVEN HUNDRED VIEWS??? FIFTY TWO VOTES??? I love you all so much!!

To celebrate, welcome to 'Not the Avatar', my fourth miniseries. (I swear I'm gonna write ACTUAL one shots one of these days. But today is not that day.)

WARNING chapter contains mentions of depression, PTSD, that one scene in season three episode nineteen that gives us all trauma, and attempted suicide. A warning will be put before and after the attempted suicide, in case anyone would like to skip it. Viewer discretion is advised (I've always wanted to say that. Idk why.)

You had been a Jedi once, the proud Padawan of Obi-Wan Kenobi. After your old Master, Ven Kara, along with most of your battalion, had died alongside the 104th in an attack by the Malevolence, Obi-Wan volunteered to complete your training. You had always been grateful, even if the bond was short-lived, and ultimately pointless to your Jedi career.

Your main focus in the Jedi Order was linguistics. Your force-sensitivity granted you a gift for learning different languages, which you seized. Your old Master had been fluent in more languages than you could count, and even after his untimely death, you continued your studies, aspiring to be more like him.

You were good friends with Cody and Rex as a result of your bond with Obi-Wan, and became quite close with two other troopers shortly after they were accepted into the 501st: Fives and Echo. Echo in particular. The two of you had immediately clicked, becoming best friends almost instantaneously. He was funny, polite, sweet, respectful, and ultimately an amazing man. You wanted to be around him all the time. Nothing made you happier.

The two of you were practically joined at the hip, rarely apart, even in battle. Fives always teased you for it, calling Echo the glue that forced you to hang out with him. He nicknamed the three of you 'the Echo sandwich'. Echo always argued that you were more of a calzone, resulting in strangely amusing screaming wars with his brother. All you did was snicker.

When the pair were allowed to modify their armor, Echo came to you for advice, and you helped paint his armor. You were the first to congratulate him and Fives when they were promoted to ARC Troopers (something you had been bugging Cody to make happen for several weeks). You saved his life more times than you could count, and he returned the favor. Such was the life of a Jedi.

You and Echo spent nearly every waking moment together after meeting. You would play pranks on Fives and Hardcase while Echo chased you down, yelling at you not to encourage them. You came up with cool tricks for battle scenarios, and used them whenever possible. They usually resulted in injury, but were effective against enemies nonetheless.

You had managed to convince him to raid the kitchen in the barracks once, only to be put on cleaning duty for two weeks by Wolffe after he caught you stuffing your faces at 0200 hours. Though you technically outranked him and didn't have to obey his orders, he scared you, so you went along with it.

When you and your Master were volunteered to rescue Jedi Master Even Piell from the Citadel, you thought it would just be another close-call mission. You assumed you and the Domino Twins would head to 79's after the mission debrief, Fives would ditch you to go flirt with a patron, then you and Echo would stumble back home, drunkenly singing as loudly and horribly as you could. That was what normally happened.

But that was just a dream.

One that reality crushed.

When your group was attacked near your ship, you knew that the droids would do anything possible to prevent you from leaving. Everyone was in danger. Including Fives and Echo when they arrived with Anakin and Ahsoka. You couldn't accept that.