Hearing Impaired Part 6

Ten thousand views??? Two hundred eighty seven votes??? Since, uh, WHEN??? You guys are so amazing!!

Well, here's more hearing impaired, I guess. WOW. I can't thank you guys enough for sticking with me for so long. Especially with all my vanishing acts. You're all awesome.

Now presenting...

This

Things couldn't be harder for your group.

Just as you were set to leave Bracca, now in possession of thousands of credits worth of supplies that you could use to rid yourself of the tremendous debt you owed Cid, an alarm went off onboard. A trio of attack shuttles had arrived, and they were after you.

Who could be leading the charge, you ask?

Who else but Crosshair?

Of course.

Because things just had to go from bad to worse.

After meeting up with your siblings in arms, you quickly and silently discussed what to do about your present situation. Crosshair knew all of your plans, all your moves. You couldn't fight your way out, even Wrecker knew that much. You had to escape before Crosshair had time to discover your whereabouts.

He had to know that he was being jammed by now, and he had to know that Tech was responsible. You couldn't split up, otherwise he would you after the group's brainiacs first. He knew how you, Tech and Echo moved. He would find you. As much as you hated sneaking around in such a big group, you had no choice if you were to escape unscathed.

And so, the hunt began.

Tech quickly tapped in to the Imperials' comm system to track their movements. A clever idea for any other scenario. Unfortunately, Crosshair knew this old trick. Once upon a time, he would have helped Tech slice into more complex systems. Had he suspected something was amiss from the start, it could wind up badly for your merry band.

You had a theory that Crosshair knew he was being listened in on - he had to at least suspect it by now - and signed your concerns to the others. Tech and Echo agreed, but Hunter insisted that you stick to the plan and avoid Crosshair's voice. He swore up and down that Crosshair's troops weren't clever or well-trained enough to pick up on subtle direction from their Commander. You felt otherwise, and a single look from Echo told you that you weren't alone, but you kept quiet about it. Hunter had reached the end of his nerves, and you didn't want to risk causing your leader to have a breakdown while running for your lives.

If only you had taken that risk.

Upon being rerouted by an order from Crosshair to his incompetent Elite Squad, you found yourselves on the artillery deck, but you weren't alone. Crosshair's forces had surrounded you, and you stood staring down the barrel of a blaster as Hunter and Crosshair exchanged a bitter greeting.

After a moment, Omega spoke up, attempting to diffuse the situation between her brothers. Unfortunately, Crosshair, who was beyond reason, still held a bitter resentment for her. You were unsurprised when Crosshair gave an order that caused Hunter to push in front of this sister. The loose circle that your brothers had formed suddenly tightened, each member drawing their weapons and pointing them in a different direction. You found yourself at Hunter's side, blaster aimed at the troops next to Crosshair. They must have been members of the infamous Elite Squad.

One member - the one standing closest to Crosshair, who must have been his second-in-command, looking at the slight differences in their armor - stepped forward. They sent an inscrutable look Crosshair's way as they protested, claiming that their orders were to bring your group in. As Crosshair's bitter retort flashed before your eyes, you felt the last of your heart shatter. He really was gone.