2.0 » for the first time

By the end of the week, Neely was feeling much better. Kaity noticed she seemed to have forgotten all about Dillon and his cheating. When Saturday night rolled around, Neely was ready to go out to the club with her best friends by her side.

Kaity watched as Neely picked through her closet, throwing random items of clothing across the room when deemed unworthy of her night out. She was used to seeing her best friend pick her outfits like this.

"What do you think of this?" Neely finally asked, holding up a black cropped long-sleeve mesh top to Kaity.

Kaity nodded. "It looks good. Just wear a bandeau underneath and you'll look so hot," she said. She knew Neely wanted to look hot, and this top would definitely do that for her. But in reality, whatever Neely wore would make her look attractive to the male species.

Kaity was already dressed for their night out. She was wearing a black sequined tank top. It was one of her only shirts that made her feel like she was on top of the world. She paired it with a pair of black shorts and black wedges. Kaity was never one to dress over the top when they went partying.

"We're meeting Michael there, right?" Neely asked again as she peeled her shirt off in exchange for the mesh top. Kaity nodded, giggling to herself. It was the third time that Neely had asked if they were meeting Michael there, but Kaity understood that she was a little distracted.

"What about Luke?" She asked as she slipped on a pair of satin black high waisted shorts. She turned around from the mirror to face Kaity again, her eyebrows raised tauntingly.

"I hadn't asked him, but I can if you want," Kaity shrugged, rolling her eyes playfully. "Since Calum, Mali, and Michael are going. "I'll see if Luke wants to come with, maybe he can bring Ashton and his girlfriend with."

Neely nodded and turned back around to look at herself in the mirror. Kaity grabbed her phone from her lap and exited Neely's bedroom to the living room. She dialed his number quickly, listening as the call connected on the first ring.

"Kaity," Luke answered. "What's up?" He asked. He sounded happy and that made Kaity smile. But she was surprised to hear that he didn't call her by her full name.

"I was just about to ask you the same, actually," she laughed, leaning against the back of the couch. "Some friends and I are going out to Echo tonight. Did you want to come? You can see if Ashton and Blake want to come, too, if you want."

"Sure," Luke replied. "I'm sure that they wouldn't mind going out tonight." Kaity and Luke shared a few more words, like where they were meeting and at what time before they hung up.

Kaity returned to Neely, telling them that he was coming along with Ashton and Blake. "Okay, great!" Neely exclaimed, buckling on her high-heeled sandals. "But if you're going to be seeing Luke tonight, I think you should change it up. Give him something to swoon over."

"What's wrong with what I have on?" Kaity asked, looking down to her outfit. She pulled at her tank top, watching the sequins reflect the light in all different directions.