1.6 » worth breaking the rules

Kaity spent all of Tuesday worrying. She had no idea what Luke had planned for their date. At least, that's what she thought it was, especially after they had kissed. She was sure that Luke didn't just go around kissing girls for fun, but he hadn't specified whether or not if they were going on a date or if they were just hanging out. Hell, he could just be taking her back to his house so she could watch him surf, but she highly doubted that was the case.

Seeing as Luke never told her what they were doing, Kaity had no idea what to wear or how to style her hair. She contemplated calling him and asking, but she didn't want to seem too clingy or annoying. So instead, she settled for face-timing Neely.

The call rang three times before Neely's face popped up on her screen. "Hey, babe," she smiled, the background spinning around her. Kaity laughed, realizing that she was at work, twirling around on her office chair as they spoke. "What's up?" Neely asked, finally coming to rest.

"I don't know what to wear," Kaity informed her best friend, feeling a sense of Déjà vu coming over her. "I have a date with Luke tonight."

She felt incapable of choosing an outfit by herself though, seeing as it was Luke she was trying to impress. He practically looked like a god in whatever he wore, even if it was just a wetsuit.

Neely chuckled, but leaned forward, resting her chin on her closed fist. "Bug, you are way overthinking this. It's Luke, for heaven's sake. He probably could care less about what you wear," she said. "But, I am your best friend, so I'm going to help you pick out an outfit. What are you guys going to do?"

"That's the thing!" Kaity exclaimed, throwing one of her arms up. "I have no idea what we're doing. He never told me and I'm not about to ask," she rambled, watching as Neely tried to hold her laugh in as Kaity went on.

"Okay, okay," Neely said, silencing her best friend. "So you go for a neutral outfit. You don't want something too casual, but you don't want something too dressy. Go for a nice sundress," she suggested.

Kaity nodded and walked to her closet, throwing open the doors and searching through the section she deemed appropriate for her dresses. Her whole closet was organized by articles of clothing, then by color within the sections.

She fingered through the hangers, finally coming across one of her favorite dresses. It was white with brightly colored flowers all over it. It was a halter dress, but it left a sliver of skin around her waist in the back. It was short, but not too short.

"What about this?" Kaity asked, propping her phone up on a shelf so she could properly show off the dress.

"Yes!" Neely exclaimed. "That's perfect! It'll leave him reeling too, showing the small peeks of skin. He's gonna want to touch you, Kaity," she smirked, wagging her eyebrows up and down suggestively.

Kaity rolled her eyes and grabbed her phone again. "Neely, shut up. Thanks for your help, but I'm gonna go get ready now," she said quickly as Neely continued to laugh. They quickly said their goodbyes and Kaity ended the call.

She tossed her phone onto her bed, keeping it close in case Luke decided to call or come early. It was nearly seven-fifteen, so she still had ample time to get ready. After a half an hour, Kaity had successfully done her makeup, using only waterproof makeup, seeing as she still had no idea what Luke had in mind for their date.

She had let her hair down in loose waves, pinning back some of it so it wasn't as plain. She then wrangled on the dress, tying the strings behind her neck and pulling up the top so it fit her perfectly around the ribcage. It left about an inch of skin exposed around her lower back before it flowed out into the skirt of the dress, stopping mid-thigh.