Chapter 21 : We Both Should Have Done Better

I was at the office busy filling for someone else to handle Adrian's wedding if it ever continues.

Mrs Trina wasn't happy at all to heart that we had lost a millionaire client. She was pissed the entire week. People were getting fired for the smallest of mistakes. I on the other hand avoided any contact with her.

"Hey, girl!" Kelly squealed giving me a hug.

"Oh, Hi Kelly" I said hugging her back.

She grabbed a chair and sat next to me while "There's so much I have to catch you up on" She said smiling devilishly at me

"Oh, I know that smile. What happened?" I asked curiousty filling my every bone

"Well, Jim and I are official" she said waiting anxiously for my response

"Wait, wait. Your telling me you and Jim are dating?"

She nodded biting her nails trying to read my expression.

I froze for a sec before jumping up from my chair and doing a victory dance.

"Yes! Daniel fucking owes me a hundred dollars now" I said doing a victory dance

"You and Daniel made a bet?" Kelly asked narrowing her eyes at me

"Yeah we did" I sank back into my chair

"Whose idea was this exactly?" She asked

"His" I lied. It was totally my idea to make a bet.

"His dead" she said before turning her phone on ready to call Daniel. She stood up as soon as he answered and went outside. She was probably shouting and cursing at him and didn't want anyone to hear her.

I chuckled and went back to work. Being a great liar surely came in handy.

____________

I was busy in the shopping mall going through each isle trying to pick a outfit to surprise Reachel with. She was leaving in two days to got to the Therapy thingy and I wanted to give her a outfit to wear on that day.

My cart bumped into another person's while I was busy looking at a dress trying to imagine how it would look on Reachel.

"Sarah?" A voice I knew all to well asked

"Jennifer how unpleasant to see you here" I said rolling my eyes.

This manaic has been calling me none stop. I knew what she wanted. She was probably fuming mad that Adrian broke off her engagement. Yep, Adrian and Jennifer were finally separated.

"You home wrecker" She said clenching her jaw "You stole my fucken husband"

"Correction, Ex fiance. And I didn't still him, he realized what he was missing out on and came to get it" I shot back winking at her.

That remark made her fume with anger "You better stay away from Adrian, his mine!" she said.

"A little possessive, are we?" I said pretending to be disappointed in her behavior. She rolled her eyes and left.

I chuckled shaking my head "It's still hard for me to understand how Adrian put up with her"

I rolled my eyes and continued my quest for a perfect outfit.

I settled on a simple mini blue dress with a slit on one leg that went up until mid thigh.

"I love it" I exclaimed as I went to pay for the dress.

______________

I came back to the apartment and I was exhausted. I think them ain thing that exhausted me was Jennifer.

I plopped down on the sofa and massaged my temples.

"Sarah I've been waiting for you" Adrian said come joining me on the sofa

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"Nick let me in. I wanted to talk to you" he said rubbing his hands on his pants

I nodded "Okay..." I said unsure

"I'm sorry for how things ended between us three years ago. I should have stayed. I should have been stronger for our relationship" he said interlocking our hands together "I'm willing to work things out. I'm willing to spend every day earning your love and forgiveness"

He sighed "I should have done better"

I looked down at our hands. His hands were warm and made a tingling feeling run up my spine.

"Listen Adrain, it was both of our faults. We both should have done better. And besides that's all in pass now and I'm tired of trying to get rid of my feelings for you. I'm willing to give us another chance but let's not rush into things like we did before."

He nodded and leaned in to give me a hug and I returned it.

_______________

"Come on! Tell me what it is" Reachel begged as we went up to my room.

"Reachel, we're almost in my room, relax your going to see what it is" I scolded her.

She was being a baby about this whole thing.

She rolled her eyes and didn't say anything else. We got into my room and she sat down on my bed. I made my way to the plastic bag that was on my dresser and hand it to her.

She smiled up at me and took the blue dress out.

"You didn't" She grinned happily looking at the dress.

"Yep, cost a lot but it was worth it" I shrugged

"I fucking love you!" She screamed and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I chuckled and hugged her back tightly.

And in that moment hugging her so tightly made me realize that I was going to miss her. She was my only friend. Well there was Kelly but she was kinda of more then a friend. She was like my sister. And sure I knew she needed this, she needed to find herself again.

And I wasn't going to stop her because it was for her own good.

"I know I'm going to miss you right?" I whispered still hugging

"Trust me I know" She whispered back "we're gonna be okay though. Like you said we get through things together"

"Stop, your gonna make me cry"

Reachel chuckled pulling away and wipping the tear I hadn't realized was there "Promise me though, you won't forget me and leave me in that place to rot waiting for your call or for you to visit me"

"I think we both now I would never forget you. I'm freaking obsessed with you, bitch" I said trying to brighten up the mood.

Reachel burst into laughter "I don't blame you. I am a hot shot after all"

I chuckled shaking my head at her.

"Now let me go try on this dress because if it doesn't fit me, I'm going to kill you for not remembering my size"