Chapter 7 | Plan B

I was literally pacing back and forth in the office. It was getting late and I didn't want to leave until I found a solution to this problem.

Adrian and Jennifer's wedding is in two weeks just two weeks.

I stop pacing back and forth.

Adrian and Jennifer's wedding is in two weeks.

Only then the words settled into my head. Two weeks.

Adrian is marrying Jennifer.

His getting married and I'm the one who's planning his wedding, how ironic.

It kinda sucks to think his already moved on with his life. His already getting married and building a life of his own.

And here I am. Still beneath him. I don't have a boyfriend or a life I could call my own.

I don't even see myself getting married one day.

I don't see a future for myself. And thinking about it, I stopped imagining my future after Adrian and I broke up.

I lost all hope of the future that day.

I lost the thrive I had to achieve my dreams.

I lost a part of myself.

I sigh and sit down on the leather chair. Who was I kidding.

I still have feelings for Adrian. They never went away. They were always there, just buried in all the grief and pain he coursed me. A part of it was also covered in hatred.

But I didn't see a future without him. I don't want a future without him.

Kelly snapped me out of my thoughts when she places the coffee on the table that was filled with paper and documents of other options we could go for.

"I called the boutique in the west side of the coast. They don't have any wild flowers"

I sighed.

Wild flowers were extremely rare to find in boutiques. That was because they were wild. They weren't made to be given to someone to keep in their house.

But Adrian and Jennifer made it clear they wanted wild flowers.

"Okay, well that sucks. Try the East the North and whatever else there is. Try all the coasts." I said

She nodded and walked away.

I checked the time and hours were going by.

I still had a brother at home, who was probably making Rachel's life a living hell.

I sighed and took my purse and phone.

"Kelly drop by at my house tomorrow. It's getting late, you can go home"

She nods and I walk out the office building.

I hike a cab and it drops me off at home. I pay the driver and make my way inside the building.

I take an elevator up to the third floor.

I make my way out the elevator and walk pass all the apartments and stop at number eleven.

I turn the door handle and it opens squeaking a bit.

The lights have been turned off.

I walk inside and look around in the living room.

Reachel and Nick aren't there.

I place my bag down and hear voices coming from the kitchen.

I walk over there and stop at the door.

"Its done like this" Nick says taking the pan from Reachel.

He flips the egg omelets and it falls in the pan upside down.

"See" He says gloating

"Where did you learn to do that" Reachel asks

Nick places the pan back on the stove.

"My dad thought me how. He used to make egg omelets for me and Sarah every morning before school. One day I told me to try flipping the egg and it landed on the ground" I giggled thinking back at the memory "But eventually I got it" he says chuckling.

A smile creeped onto my lips. Nick didn't like talking about my dad to anyone. They used to be so close, they bound was incredible. And when he passed away he was devasted. We both were. But everything my dad thought him will always leave in his heart, I just know it.

I'm happy Nick can open up to Reachel like this. He doesn't even open up to me like this.

"Oh Sarah your back" Reachel says when she notices me.

I smile awkwardly and step inside the kitchen the amazing smell of the egg omelets filling my noise. I haven't smelt anything this good ever seens my dad's death.

"Smells good in here. It reminds me of my father's amazing cooking"

Nick turns around to face me by the mension of my dad.

"Yeah, I just decided to remember his amazing cooking today. You know honor his amazing skills" He says

I smile giving him a hug. I do miss my dad. He was the best.