Chapter 20: Therapy

Reachel

I won't lie, I was surprised to see my dad knocking on the door. He was never around. He was too busy with his business, ever seens I was a child. My mom died when I was two years old and my dad had to step up. He was never there though. He just hired a nanny and he would send her money every month.

My nanny ended up being my mom. She taught me alot that my mom wasn't there to teach me. She read me stories to sleep and comforted me whenever I missed a mom I never had.

My nanny then died when I was seventeen and my dad figured that I was old enough to take care of myself so he sent me to the US. Now I live here and I had to make a living.

My dad was the one who offered me to work at the bar. He said he couldn't send me money because I was old enough to make my own. So I had to work at the bar and earn money.

I regret not leaving when Sarah told me too. She had always told me that it was never safe there but I needed the money so I didn't listen.

And with that I was stripped with my dignity and left with a shallow shell. I felt numb, worthless and dirty. I felt like I had this undying need to rip my head off but I had people who would feel just as hollow if I ever committed suicide. So I am still breathing after what happened to me, I have people I love enough to live for. They were my last remaining sanity.

"I heard what happened" my dad said placing his hand on my knee, showing remorse.

"What do you want, dad? I know for a matter of fact you didn't come here to show me your sympathy" I said coldly

"Of course I came here to show my sympathy. Your my daughter and I just want to help you, but I -"

"Ah, so there is a reason your here. There's something you need from me isn't it?"

My dad sighed "Fine. I need you to do me a favor"

It did hurt to know that he was just here because he needed something from me but I couldn't expect anything else from my monster of a father.

"I'm all hears" I replied masking all the hurt with confidence

"The guy who raped you" he started narrowing his eyes at me "His one of my men" he said

My head shot to the direction he was sitting at "His what?"

"There things you don't know, Reachel. You may think that I  wasn't there for you at all but I was. When I sent you here I told you to work at the bar knowing that a close friend of mine was the owner. I asked him to take you in to repay a favor he owed me. My man raping you shouldn't have happened. He was just drunk" he said looking at me with a blank expression

"Are you serious right now?"

"Let's cut this short, okay. I need you to drop the charges and in return I will give you a million dollars"

I could feel my blood boiling. The never of this bastard.

"Get out!" I shouted at him, while getting on my feet.

He stood up as well "Just think about it, A million dollars could help you alot you know"

"Get. The. Fuck. Out. Frederick" I said with the deadliest glare I could master. I swear to God I was losing my shit with all the crap that left his mouth.

"You heard her old man. Get out" Nick said standing next to me ready to defend me.

My dad looked up at me before leaving.

He slammed the door and I heard his car revving to life and speeding away.

"Are you okay?" Nick asked inspecting me.

I nodded and pushed pass him. I wanted to be alone and think, maybe cry too.

_______________

Sarah

Reachel had locked herself in the guest room that now had turned into her room.

I won't lie, we all heard her conversation with her dad.

He still hasn't changed. The last time I saw him was when he was visiting her two years ago for Christmas and after that he never visited again. I remember we were all at Reachel's house for dinner that night. He showed up and I remember how much of an asshole he was that day.

He still is as much of an asshole today.

I made my way upstairs as soon as Miss Shannon left. Daniel decided that he was going to crash with Nick tonight because they were planning on playing video games the whole night.

I knocked on Reachel's door.

"Who is it?" she asked

"It's me, Sarah" I said

The door unlocked and she opened it. She was already in her pijamas, ready for bed.

"I just wanted to check up on you" I said

She step aside and I entered the room. Her bed was full of papers and I went over and picked up one. It was a drawing of a girl with her hoodie up and looking at the sunset.

"It's a beautiful drawing" I said admiring the picture, it was beautiful but it sure gave me a depressing feeling.

"Yeah, sorry about the mess. Drawing is kinda of how I've been dealing with shit" She said rubbing the back off her neck.

"Its cool" I smirked making space on the bed so I could sit down.

"I'm guessing you heard the conversation I had with my sick father" Reachel said shaking her head in disgust

I nodded "Yeah. What are you gonna do now?" I asked

She shrugged "Nothing, right now I'm going to pretend like him coming over here never happened" she said taking her purse from the ground and handing me a piece of paper she took out.

"Therapy?" I questioned reading the paper.

She nodded a proud smile playing on her lips "Yep. I know I need the help and I'm not gonna deny myself from getting all the help I can get. So I signed up for a therapy session"

I stood up and gave her a hug "That's really wonderful, I'm glad your doing this for yourself"

"Yeah, the thing is that it's actually a place were there are dorms and I kinda have to live there" she said pulling away from the hug "I'll be meeting new people there and having a roommate, it's kinda of like a rehab center for the depressed"

I chuckled at her nervous excitement "Even though I'm going to miss you I think that you need to do this for yourself and don't you worry, we'll visit you every weekend"