ch 11| Recharge

Everywhere I'm lookin' now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace

You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away

***********************

I stretched out my hands in the air, arched my back slightly and took a glance at my watch, thirty more minutes until I could go home. I talked to myself

My neck and back hurt, and my eyes felt so dry after staring at my computer for hours. I stroked the back of my neck gently then pinched my eyes and gave them a gentle massage. I decided to close my eyes for a while and leaned myself on the headrest of my chair. After five good minutes, I heard somebody knock at my desk. I opened my eyes and sat up straight immediately.

"Yes, sunbae?" I asked frantically. "Anything I could do?"

"Ah, no. Our team is going to have dinner together. Would you come? We'll also discuss the request from Ilhae Corp. I know it's beyond our office hours, but I got a sudden notice from them this afternoon." He said softly, his eyes were staring deeply into my eyes. I felt a little bit awkward noticing his gaze.

Damn you Hyerin, after listening to you during lunch, now I can't think clearly whenever I'm close to Jonghyun sunbae.

"Okay, I'll come. What time should we go?"

"Let's meet in the lobby in 30 minutes." He answered.

"Okay cool. see you later sunbae," I smiled at him. He smiled back at me then walked towards his desk.

Gotta tell Jimin about this. I talked to myself and grabbed my phone right away and typed some messages.

You

Baby, I just wanted to tell you that|
I'll have a team dinner tonight|
05.40 PM
I might come home a bit late|
05.40 PM
I'll call you when I'm home, okay?|
05.46 PM
Take care and eat well. Miss you|
05.46 PM

I put my phone inside my handbag and decided to end my work. so I hit the 'save' button on my computer, then shut it down. I rummaged through my handbag and took my cosmetic purse, then I went to the restroom to touch up my look. When I was done, I walked past Hyerin's desk.

"You come too, right?" I tapped her shoulder slightly.

"Team dinner?" She asked in return.

"Yep."

"Of course I do," She exclaimed. "There's no party missed by Jang Hyerin."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, "This is not a party, bitch." I hissed and pinched her nose. "This is a work-related dinner. Besides, we'll discuss some updates from Ilhae."

"Yeah yeah. But I bet there must be alcohol involved during the dinner." she replied as she flickered her eyebrow.

"Please don't. It's just Monday and we've still got 4 more working days." I grumbled while rolling my eyes again. Sometimes seeing her being full of energy simply annoyed me. I wish I could be as lovely as her, but I felt too drained out only by imagining it.

"Let me grab my things and we'll go to the lobby." I added before I ran towards my desk and took my handbag. I went back straight to Hyerin's desk right away, I held her left hand then we strutted down the lobby.

🍻🍻🍻

It was 7 and everybody in our team had seated together in the restaurant—our regular place to have team dinner. Everybody was chatting and enjoying the meal while I was busy sipping down the beer in my glass–still my first glass and three-fourth full and I didn't have any intention to go home drunk at the beginning of the week. I kept glancing at my phone, there's no response from Jimin yet. I guess he's busy working in the studio but still it got on my nerves already. He called me at 3 this afternoon, right after he woke up. But it was just a short call since I was in the middle of work. I sighed heavily and leaned my head to both of my hands on the table. I hate being so clingy but I just couldn't help myself.