ch 3| You Don't Have To Cry Alone

"So how's your life doing recently, noona?" He broke the silence after I finished cleaning up. We sat ourselves on the sofa by the livingroom. Jimin turned the TV on but we decided to ignore it while talking to each other.

"You've asked about this before," I giggled as I put down my drink on the coffee table.

"But you barely answered me," He murmured while sipping to his coffee.

"Well..." I gasped for air before continuing. "Sometimes it feels so hard living on my own," I replied with a faint smile. My eyes burnt so I decided to close them. Jimin grabbed my left hand and hold it with both of his.

"Sometimes, I miss my mom and dad so much." I grinned awkwardly as tear finally found its way to escape my eyes. "When I moved to Seoul to study, all I kept in mind is that whenever I feel homesick I can just go back to Busan and meet my mom. But I can't do that anymore." I wiped my tears and Jimin grabbed me into his embrace.

"All I can find now is just the empty house with no warmth as it was." I added.

"I'm so sorry, noona." He mumbled and slightly tapped my back. "It's okay, I'm here now." I buried my face onto his chest and burst into tears. I always held back any kind of emotions since living alone all this time but I lost my guard after hearing his simple word.

Knowing that my body shaken over grief, Jimin squeezed me tighter and patted the back of my head. He said nothing and kept listening to me sobbing in his embrace.

After some minutes of sobbing, I could finally get a grip. My eyes were swollen and my nose was running so badly. Jimin passed me the tissue from the top of his coffee table. He was still keeping his mouth shut, but his eyes was glued on me.

"I'm sorry for being such a cry baby," I giggled awkwardly while wiping my face. "I felt so weary since yesterday..." I cut myself off as I felt the lump get bigger inside my throat, again.

"I know, noona. It's unusual for you to wake up so late. I knew you must have been drinking all night long." Jimin stared at me as his right hand extended towards me and slipped a strain of my hair on my left ear. My heart was thumping faster.

"How do you..."

"Of course I know." He winked

"Don't wink at me like that," I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"It's good to hear you laugh again," he cupped both of my cheeks and smiled at me. "This version of Lee Sarang is the best for me. The one with smile and laughter," he brushed his thumbs through the tears stain on my cheeks.

I glanced into his eyes, damn, he looked so fine right now. That was the most gorgeous smile I'd ever seen. My cheeks flushed and I could feel my ears burnt as well. I grabbed his hand and held it in mine.

"Thank you, Jiminie." I mumbled. "It's been a while since I cried on somebody's shoulder. Thank you for comforting me."

"Don't cry on other's shoulder ever again."

"Huh?"

"If you feel sad, you can always call me." He said. I could feel the sincerity in his words.

"But... I can't just ~"

"Noona, listen to me," he squeezed my hands. "It's okay to stay strong as you've always been. But sometimes you need to slip your sadness away." I pinned my eyes towards his.

"But I'm all alone now, Jiminie." I let the lump out of my throat and sobbed again. I bit my lower lips trying to swallow back all the pain. My chest hurt, and my throat just felt the same.