chapter 15

JJ's POV:

I was so happy to see Kie standing there with John B and Pope. I didn't think she was going to come. I told her about Ashley and all the crazy things she's sent to me.

Kie didn't seem to really care about Ashley or the two girls I slept with. I was happy about that but part of me was hoping she'd be a little jealous. Not to sound toxic. I just wanted to know if she missed me.

I was laying in bed with Kie, just like old times. I woke up to her lightly rubbing my back and whispering, "J, you gotta get up and see the most beautiful thing ever"

"I'm already looking at you" I said half asleep and I noticed Kie tense up

I sat up and walked over to the window where the sun was coming up. The sky was so beautiful. Kie came over and said, "You sure know how to pick a room with a view"

"Hell yeah, I do" I said looking at Kie

"J..." She said looking at me

"Yeah?" I asked softly

She looked into my eyes as we both slowly we slowly were leaning in for the kiss. We were inches apart when the door opened and we quickly backed away. Pope said, "Oh, you guys are up! I was just waking you up to see the sunrise with me and John B on the beach"

Kie and I followed Pope out of the room and to the beach to finish watching the sun come up. Pope just had to walk in at that time. We went back and got ready for the day. I had a full itinerary for the next five days.  Today, we did a bunch of sightseeing, all the famous things.

We spent the night chilling on the beach and I made the boys promise not to bring up the gold to Kie. We ate dinner on the beach and then we went back to the house to play games since it was dark and there was nothing else to do.

Kie slept alone tonight and the nights after that. Our time was flying by here. Today was our last day here. It was a surf day. We were all so excited to hit the waves here. They were insane. We all rented surfboards and hit the waves. There was this group of three Australian boys who were sick surfers and ended up spending most of the day surfing with us.

Their names were Oliver, Leo, and Thomas and all three of them were into Kie. She didn't even seem to notice them flirting with her. But she was flirting right back with them. Thomas seemed the most into her and he was super touchy with her. It made me really uncomfortable. 

John B came over to me as I watched Kie and Thomas building a sandcastle together like kids.

"Someone is jealous" He teased me

"I'm not jealous! I just don't want Kie flirting with these guys. All they want to do is sleep with her because she's an American"

"Jealous" John B said

It was getting late and we had grabbed food on the beach and Pope said, "Hey, you guys should come back to our house for some beer"

The three guys happily accepted. Thanks a lot, Pope. We went back to our house for the last night here. Tonight, I was supposed to take Kie out to dinner on the beach, just the two of us. Those plans were ruined. I tried to roll with it. We went back to the house and we were all sitting on the couch drinking. Thomas grabbed Kie's hand and brought her outside and I was watching the two of them.

She seemed happy. She was laughing and smiling. I wonder if I made her happy like that. I watched her kiss him and then I had to look away because this was painful. They returned a few minutes later and Kie had another beer. She was a little drunk and now she was smoking weed. She was now going to be high and drunk. Great. I was the only one who was sober.

Everyone was passing out on the couches and there was no way in hell I was leaving Kie here. I walked over to her and I picked her up and she said, "Put me down"

"No, you're going to bed" I said carrying her to her room

She giggled and said, "You're not my dad"

"I know, but I'm not letting you stay down there with those three Australian boys"

I laid her on the bed and she almost instantly fell asleep. I smiled to myself and I locked the door and laid down next to her and fell asleep. I woke up the next day and I got Kie up too. She was hungover and she looked at me and then got up.

The three boys were still asleep and Kie was the one to get them up and kick them out. I got Pope and John B up and they couldn't stop talking about how awesome last night was. I was so pissed at how awful last night went.

Kie went to her room and she knew I was pissed. She was quickly packing her stuff up. I went upstairs and said, "You and Tom-ASS seemed awfully close last night!"

"What are you talking about? You carried me up here in front of all of them. That was fucking embarrassing"

"I saw you kiss him outside.. And I didn't trust them around you when you were wasted"

"Why do you care? You slept with other girls. Why can't I just kiss a boy without it being a big deal"

"Because all that boy wanted was to fuck you"

"Oh, kinda like you did!" She yelled back at me

"No, nothing like that. We had been traveling for months together. You know it was more than that. I told you it was more" I said back to her

"Yeah, that was seven months ago. A lot can change." She said grabbing her bag and bringing it to the front door

"Damn, you two are pissy" John B said

"He's a fucking asshole!" Kie said walking outside

"Where are you going?" Pope asked

"Back to college!"Kie said waiting for her uber to the airport

I followed her outside and said, "Really? So that's it? You're just going to leave and give up on us? What happened to you wanting to start as friends and figuring it out?" I yelled

She looked into my eyes and she said, "That was never going to work. We were never together. We are both so different, J. You go do your own shit and I'll do mine. Mine has always been college."

"Fine, leave. But we're done, Kie... I can't do this anymore. I can't keep fighting with you."

"Goodbye, JJ" Kie said as the uber pulled up

She walked away and put her suitcase into the car and then she got in the car and it drove away. John B and Pope came outside and said, "Damn, not the happy ending you wanted"

"You're not going to chase after her?" John B asked

"No... It's over.... So fucking over. Listen, this has been real but I gotta keep traveling. I'm going to New Zealand. You guys have a safe trip home." I said saying goodbye to John B and Pope and we all went to the airport and went our separate ways

I got on a plane to New Zealand and when I landed, I went and found an awesome tree house Airbnb to stay at. I posted a picture on my story and I just hung out and chilled all day. I needed a relaxing day after the week I just had.

It was late and I was in a mood and there were these annoying kids outside the treehouse who were being super loud. I had yelled at them a few times to keep it down and then there was a knock on the door. I had it with this. I whipped open the door ready to scream at the teens, but Kie was standing there with her suitcase.