The Final Task part 1

(Emily's pov) 

The 3rd task approached quickly and the past month had been rather peaceful if you don't count me having some dream in which Voldemort was torturing Pettigrew in the middle of divination class.But everything else was pretty normal,spending a lot of my free time with my friends and Cedric.Oh and Rita Skeeter was at it again telling everybody that Harry was a Parselmouth,and that he had a fit in divination,honestly I wanted to have a fit because my scar was hurting just as much.

I finished all my exams and honestly they were pretty easy.The day of the final task finally arrived and I was glad that it would all be over tomorrow.

I walked down to breakfast to see Gaby at Fleur's side and it looked like she wasn't leaving soon.Christine was sitting with a frown on her face and then she saw me and gave a small smile.I looked around to see if George was near but he wasn't,so why is she smiling at me?

I sat down at the Gryffindor table and Harry honestly looked horrible.He was a pale greeny colour and he looked extremely nervous.

"You're going to do great Harry"I said, smiling and he managed to give a small smile back.After I finished my breakfast Cedric,Fleur and Gaby and came over.

"You can meet my parents,come on"Cedric said and I paled.Parents?But then again Cedric survived meeting dad so I'm sure I can survive his parents,especially if they are like him.And I'm a Gryffindor,aren't I?

"Do I have permission to go?"I asked and he nodded excitedly so I followed him.We went into the side chamber in the great hall and it was quite a cosy welcoming room.

"Where's Harry gone?"I asked,looking back to the door to see him gone.

"I'll go check"Cedric said and then he popped his head out of the door and them came back and a second later Harry came.I turned around to see Fleur and Gaby with Madame and Monsieur Delacour,Viktor with his parents,Mrs Weasley and Bill with Harry and two people who I am guessing are Cedric's parents.

"Emily!"I heard a thick French accent exclaim and I went over to hug Madame Delacour.

"Bonjour.Bonjour.Ça va?"Apoline Delacour said really fast and I smiled.

"I'm fine,thank you Madame.If you would excuse me I have to say hello to the other people,I know quite a few in this room"I said laughing and with a nod to Monsieur Delacour(who returned the nod),I turned to Viktor and his parents.I hugged Mrs Krum and shook Mr Krum's hand.

"It has been a long time.Vat has it been,3 years?"Mrs Krum said and I nodded.

"Vell it looks like other people vant to talk vith you"She said and I then finally walked over to Mrs Weasley and Bill.Mrs Weasley engulfed me in a hug and so did Bill but I did notice that Bill was looking at Fleur a lot.Hmm curious.I finally got over to Cedric and his parents.

"You must be Emily.Cedric has told us so much about you.You really are as pretty as Cedric said you were"his mam said fondly and Cedric blushed and the tip of my hair turned pink.

"The pleasure is all mine Mrs Diggory" I replied and she smiled kindly at me.

"What age are you?"Cedric's dad said and he was looking down at me as if I was inferior to him.

"14,I'm 15 in two months"I replied calmly but Cedric was glaring at his dad.

"Do you usually go for older guys?You seemed quite comfortable with Viktor Krum and especially that ginger over there"he said and I stood there,not knowing what to say.

"Dad!"Cedric said but his voice was slightly raised.

"What?"Mr Diggory replied in the same tone and Cedric looked furious.