DORA

IRIS DANIELLA'S POV:

Looking at Aiden who fell unconscious on the floor, I ran to him and shook him in panic.

"Don't worry Amour, he just passed out" Isaac said casually.

"Why is he like this? Why is he still harping on the fact that I am not Dora but Iris" I asked and sat on the floor next to Aiden.

Isaac shrugged and calmy sat on the sofa.

"For you guys it's just a name or simply telling a fake name but for him it's different, he thought you were Dora, he thought he loved Dora, he thought he married Dora, but now all of a sudden he comes to know that you are Iris not Dora from someone who is not you. Imagine how he would have felt. You should have told him the truth before the wedding" Grandpa said and sat next to Isaac. He is right, I didn't think it was a big deal to hide it from him.

"He also hid the fact that he is a vampire" I said trying to defend myself.

"A relationship won't work if all you do is blame each other" Grandpa said.

After thinking for a few minutes, I looked at Aiden who was lying next me.

I combed my hands through Aiden's hair and sighed.

"Fine we'll talk and resolve our issues when he is sober" I said and hit his head lightly. Idiot. Fussing over nothing.

I called two bodyguards and instructed them.

"Take him back and call his mother or Zach".

They nodded and carried Aiden out.

I watched them until they were out of my sight.

"I was happy about Dora being alive but Aiden just ruined my mood" I said and massaged my forehead.

We all sat in silence until Dora's room opened revealing a doctor and two nurses.

We stood up looking at the doctor. I was quite worried about Dora's health.

"Is she alright doctor?" Isaac asked. Though he looked calm, I could tell he is nervous by looking at his shaky hands.

"She has been sexually assaulted frequently, she has bruises and wounds all over her body, she is malnourished, she gets anxious and she is scared.  I've given her sedatives and she is hooked in a drip. Let her rest well, we'll start her treatment after a detailed checkup" The doctor said and started to write medicines for her.

Hearing his words, I felt my mind go blank. It was all because of me. Because of me she is suffering. I insisted Dora to join us that day but I didn't go at the last minute. If I didn't force her, she could have been well.

I started crying when grandpa hugged me. Leaning on his shoulder, I sobbed and looked at Isaac who went to Dora's room after dismissing the doctor.

"It's not your fault child, you were just a kid at that time, you didn't know this would happen" he comforted while patting my back.

"It's great that she is alive, though her condition is bad we can treat her and help her overcome her struggles" Grandpa said and made me sit on a chair.

But I couldn't control my mind which was going through all the 'what ifs'

What if she didn't join them?

What if she escaped from them?

What if it was me instead of her?

Soon we heard Dora's scream, I ran to her room while grandpa followed me.

Entering the room, I saw Dora huddling in the corner while Isaac stood faraway from her and was trying to pacify her.

I walked in and tried to get close to Dora, but she screamed evenmore. She must have been scared looking at us.

We all tried to calm her down but she started to scratch herself while murmuring something to herself, we stood far from her because we feared she'll harm herself.

I listened keenly to what she was saying.
'He will come and save me' she was saying this sentence over and over again.

Looking at her in this condition, I cried while covering my mouth. It was all my fault.

All of a sudden she started shouting Ivan's name.

We were bewildered. Why is she yelling this name. Could it be that just like Dora everyone survived that accident ? No it's not possible. We found our parents remainings after the accident, but I still couldn't stop the tiny hope that was rising within me.

After sometime, Isaac convinced and coaxed Dora that Ivan will come soon and made her sleep. The medicines helped too.

We all came out of her room, so that we don't disturb her sleep.

"Do you think maybe our parents are still alive?" I asked even when I felt that the question was stupid.

"Don't be ridiculous Amour" Isaac said and looked at me as if I lost my mind.

I talked with grandpa about Dora's treatment and condition but Isaac was greatly distracted by his mobile.

"What happened Isaac?" I asked when I saw Isaac standing up suddenly after a call.

"It's one of Mark's men, he said Mark wants to meet me because he has something valuable in exchange of his son's freedom" Isaac said and looked at grandpa.

"Maybe he was talking about Dora, he could still be unaware that you rescued her, let him and his son rot in jail, if they come out of prison, I'll kill them myself" I said and remembered how scared and traumatized Dora looked.

"No, you are always underestimating your enemy, Iris. He definitely knows that we have rescued Dora. I am sure he has some trump card, go and talk to him Isaac. I'll stay here till you come back" Grandpa said.

"Take care of Dora, if there is an emergency call me" Isaac said and rushed out.

Looking at Isaac who is rushing out, I said, "I don't think Mark has anything that can make Isaac to bring Mark's son out of prison"

"Really? Till yesterday you believed Dora was dead, Anything can happen Iris" grandpa said and went upstairs.

I sat alone and was worried that Isaac will be swayed by Mark's words.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
9 Chapter left...
Vote.
Comment.
Share.
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜