TROUBLE

AIDEN'S POV :

I entered Dora's office.

Looking at her face I know that she is pissed off. I hope I solve this issue soon.

"AIDEN JUSTIN ADAMS" she called out in anger.

"It was not me baby, I have nothing to do with it, I'll solve it" I said and signalled Hailey and another employee to leave.

"You are the CEO, you handle all the affairs and am I an idiot to believe when you say you don't know anything about it?" She yelled and threw a file at me which I dodged.

"No, it's not that, my father still holds power in the company. He is the major shareholder, he did it behind my back" I explained and tried to hug her, but she pushed me away.

"Am I a kid to believe your excuses? Save it for someone who believes it, I don't care, my company is in a huge mess because of you, if you don't solve it, forget about marriage" she said and started to remove the engagement ring.

"What the hell are you doing? It's a small issue we'll solve it" I said and stopped her from removing the ring.

"Small issue? My company lost millions, we lost our reputation, we lost many upcoming projects, I almost got replaced.... Do you still think that this is a small issue?" She yelled.

I stood silently not knowing how to comfort her.

She took a deep breath and drank some water.

"Look Aiden, I love you and I am happy to marry you but after this issue, I have to think well so that you won't use me and my company for your profits, if that's what you are aiming for, you should go behind Isaac because he is the biggest shareholder. We'll talk about marriage when I am sure that you love me for myself not for my company" she said and placed the engagement ring on my hand.

I turned pale when I heard her. She doubts my love for her.

Without a word, I left her office. When I tried to enter the car, reporters surrounded and questioned me.

'Sir,are the rumours true? Did you snatch that project from German company?'

'Sir, did you seduce someone from the IDK corporate to obtain this order?

'Sir, is it true that you are going to get married to someone who will benefit your company?'

Without answering them, I entered the car.

I loosened my tie, and rolled my sleeves.

"Drive to chairman's home" I said and closed my eyes. My head was throbbing because of this problem.

I opened my eyes when my mobile rang.

"Hello" I said.

"Aiden, how do you plan to solve this problem?" Zach asked. Straight to the point.

"First, I have to talk to my father... Then I'll decide what to do. Where are you?" I said.

"I am in your father's home, Grandpa wants to see me" he said.

"Ok, I'll meet you there" I said and hung up.

Within an hour I reached my father's home.

Knocking the study room, I entered even before my father could allow me to enter.

"Well it's not good to enter a room without permission" my dad said.

"Well it's worst to interfere in other people's work" I said and sat infront of him.

"Are you saying it was wrong for me to bring a project worth billions for our company?" He questioned.

"No, it is not wrong if you bring a project, but it is extremely wrong to snatch a project by stealing their information and also involving another company" I said angrily.

"There is nothing wrong in this, you are going to marry her, if she can't even do this for her future husband, I doubt whether she loves you or not" my dad said.

"Dad, it is a project which we lost in the bid to that German company who won fair and square, now pulling information about them and snatching is bad enough but involving my girlfriends company is too low dad, I love her and want to marry her not for the profits she could bring. I hope you don't interfere in my works anymore" I said and left the room.

I walked down to see Zach eating and chatting happily with grandfather. This fellow is enjoying his life.

After noticing me, my grandfather invited me to eat.

"I am not hungry grandpa" i said while glaring at Zach.

"I wanted to ask you, why is Zach still an intern, give him a higher position, my grandson cannot be a small intern in our company" my grandfather said.

I smirked at Zach, while he panicked after hearing grandfather.

"No, grandpa I want to be promoted because of my skills and hardwork" Zach said hurriedly.

But grandfather was adamant about giving him a higher position.

"Ok Grandpa.... Actually what Zach said is right...." I said and looked at Zach whose face lit up. But I continued, "However there is a problem in our company now, if he handles and solve the problem I could give him a higher position and nobody could say anything about it" I said and looked at Zach who turned gloomy.

Grandpa was happy at my suggestion and urged Zach to leave with me.

While getting out of the home I was incredibly pleased while Zach was cursing.

"You did that on purpose, you don't want me to lead a happy life, so you decided to dump your problems to me" Zach accused me while entering the car.

" I don't know what you are talking about, as a brother I want to see you in higher position" I said sincerely. This brat better not think of enjoying life...when I am struggling with problems.

"Whatever, just drive to the company let's start working on the issue" Zach snapped and told the driver to start driving.

"Why is Isaac quiet about the issue? Usually he'll be the one to rescue her" Zach questioned.

"That's my soon to be wife, I'll solve her problems, she doesn't need Isaac" I said irritated.

"Not when you are the cause for her problems, I think Isaac is planning something big" Zach said and took out a lollipop.

"What would he be planning?" I asked wearily.

" I don't know, all I know is that his silence is calm before the storm" Zach said seriously while sucking the lollipop. It looks funny to hear such serious things from a person who is eating lollipop.

I wish to solve the issue soon, the ring in my pocket weighs down my heart... I can't relax until I put back the ring in her finger.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
Want audio version of Destined to be His?
Link available in my profile.
Vote
Comment
Share.
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜