Our Ordinary Weekend

Sunday, the las weekend on August

Minho groaned and pulled the bedcover to to cover his face as he suddenly felt the attack of bright sunlight from the outside as someone opened the sunproof curtain.

“Oppa, are you not going to wake up? It’s already 10 a.m.”

Minho stopped himself right before the grumble let out his mouth as he heard Goeun’s voice. The bed beside him sunked a little as she sat there and then pulled down the bed cover, revealing his sleepy face.

Minho covered his eyes with his arm and murmured, “What time is it?”

“It’s 10 a.m already.” She couldn't help herself to not reach out her hand and touch his soft hair. “What time you came home, Oppa?”

Minho was still too sleepy and tired but he answered with a hoarse voice. “At 4. And I could only go to sleep at 7.”

Last night he went home really late from filming. Usually, their filming schedule will be over at at least 12 a.m, but yesterday some unexpected things happened and they needed to retake and filming until 2 a.m and he could only arrive home at 4.

Minho slowly pulled Goeun to lay down with him and she just followed.

“What about you?”

“Uhm, I finished at eight. Arrived home at ten and went straight to bed.” she shared.

“Good.” he responded with a little smile even though his voice was almost inaudible as he slowly went back to sleep.

“Should we cancel to go to Ilsan Oppa? I’ll call Eomma to inform her.” she said after ten minutes passed and he began to snore softly.

Minho jolted a little. He then shook his head as he loosened his hug “Aniyo. Andwae. I had a plan with Abeonim. I’ll wake up and get ready now. Give me 20 minutes.”

Goeun followed him to sat up on the bed and he got out of bed and walked away to the bedroom. But right before he entered the bathroom, he rushed back to her and stole a kiss from her.

“To make me awake.” he said with a mischievous grin.

“Hya–!” Goeun tried to hit him but he already ran away, “Plalli, Oppa! No more than 15 minutes!” she shouted as the bathroom’s door closed.

*

Less than thirty minutes later, they were ready in the basement of his apartment.

Goeun reached her hand, asked for the car key, “I’ll drive. Then you can go back to sleep.” she said.

“”Dwaesseo. I’ll drive.” Minho was hesitant to let her drive.

Goeun shook her head and insisted, “No. I’ll drive, Oppa. I know you’re still sleepy. Get some more sleep.”

He knew she was right, because even though he had showered with fresh and cool water he still yawned several times.

Goeun shook her hand to ask for the key. And he finally gave it to her.

“Let’s switch after 30 minutes.” he said after they sat in the car and he adjusted the passenger seat to make it more comfortable for him to sleep and she started to drive away.

“Keurae. I’ll wake you up later.”

Minho smiled, “My best girl!”

***

They arrived at Ilsan, at Goeun’s parent’s house right at the perfect timing of lunch.

Both of her parents were already waiting for them. Her mother even cooked some of Minho’s favorite homemade dishes for their lunch.