When I Miss You

Filming abroad outside Korea was certainly an amazing and fun experience for Kim Goeun. She was really excited all the time, whether it’s during the filming or when she was having a very meaningful quality time with her staff who came with her to Singapore.

Ah, a simple bonding time with Park Jihoo, his junior from the same agency who also played as her younger sister in the drama was also so fun. They spent time together sneaking out at night to explore Singapore and looking for the food at a famous street that turned into a heaven of street food at night.

Even so, there was a little part of her that was experiencing homesick almost all the time since she arrived there. Especially when she was alone in her hotel room. When she was alone, her mind wandered and quickly became upset as she really missed someone's hug that usually became the last thing she felt before sleep and also the first thing she enjoyed when she opened her eyes on the next day. Goeun missed Minho so bad.

She of course managed herself to bear with that longing. She told herself that she just needs to be patient for one week later. And also, she alway had the telephone and video call with him everyday, so that must be enough to bear the longing sickness.

But apparently, there was a day that everything fet too hard to bear, and everything seemed already reached its peak so she couldn't handle it anymore and caused her to cry a lot during her phone call with Minho.

That day was indeed a tough day. She was filming quite tough scenes of a heavy car accident. She was trapped in the car that flipped between two trucks. That was so tiring and raised her adrenaline to a high level. It took minutes for the filming crew to help her get off of the car after the director shouted “cut”.

“Unnie, are you okay?” her staff who approached and gave her favourite green tumbler filled with iced water looked concerned.

Goeun just nodded as she took the small towel her staff gave her to wipe her sweat and the artificial blood on her head. She sipped enough water for hydration and then told her staff, “It’s so hot and I actually feel a little bit dizzy. But I think I can still bear it.”

It was true, the filming indeed drained her energy. Plus the weather that was more humid and crazily hot than in Korea made her body work harder to adapt. That day, due to the tough filming and the weather, she felt a little bit dizzy and had the symptom of flu.

“I’ll make sure to prepare your medicine in your room.”

“Ne, thank you.”

“We need to move to the next location and touch up your makeup, Unnie.”

“Okay. let’s go.”

***

Goeun waved goodbye to her staff and then entered her hotel room. She held a small paper bag given from Julian earlier, it was filled with some medicine for flu, antibiotics, and vitamins. She indeed needs all that to prevent the more severe symptoms. She didn't want to and shouldn't get sick because she needed to finish her filming schedule there on time.

“Keurae, appujimalgo, Goeun-a! Fighting!”

Her phone rang when she just took a bottle of water from the small pantry in her hotel room to drink the medicine. She immediately reached that phone on the nightstand and swiped the screen to answer the video call.

Minho’s face appeared on the screen. He was smiling but then his expression changed into a worry when suddenly sneezed a few times.

“Chagi-ya, wae geurae!? Are you sick!?”

Goeun rubbed her nose that felt itchy and reddened, and she nodded a little, “I think I got a little flu, Oppa. I felt a little bit dizzy as well earlier.” She then reached the medicine strips and showed that to
Minho, “I got these medicines and vitamins already. Gwaenchanha, Oppa. I’ll get better tomorrow.” She then put her phone on the nightstand, leaned it to her books, and she drank the medicines.

Minho was silent. To hear that she caught the flu made him worried. 

“Do I need to go there, Chagiya?” he asked when she finished taking the medicines.

“Mwo? Waeyo?”

“You’re sick. I’m worried. I can take a day off of filming and fly there.”

Goeun didn’t answer it immediately. She actually really wants it as well. She missed him so badly. And having him beside her sounded really tempting. But her logic thought that would be only a waste of time. He had his own very busy schedules in Korea.  And on the other side, her filming in Singapore was about to finish soon, just four days remaining, and after that she would fly back to Korea.

“Chagiya?”

“Andwae.” She shook a little and Minho sighed. “It’s really tempting, but I think you don’t need to come here, Oppa. I’ll go back soon. Just five days remaining. I’ll get better and finish the filming soon, then go back to Korea.”

“Are you sure? It’s not a big deal for me though. I can fly there early in the morning tomorrow since I have a free day, and on the next day I’ll ask for a day off.”

“Aniya, andwae. Even if you come here, I’ll still be busy with the filming here. That’s gonna be a waste of time though.” She said, “Uhm, if you can take a day off, better take it when I come back to Seoul next week. I miss you so bad, Oppa.”

A grin took over Minho’s face as he heard her confession. “OK. Deal! I’ll pick you up in the airport then!”

Goeun also smiled widely and nodded her head. “Very nice, idea! Nae Oppa, Jjang!”

They then laughed.

“How’s your day, Oppa?”

“Uhm, not bad, but also not that good since I hadn’t gotten my morning kiss for more than a week already.”

“Tck, you’ll get that soon.”

“Of, course. As it should.”

Goeun rolled her eyes but her lips smiled as she laid on her bed. She yawned.

“Are you sleepy already?” he asked.

Goeun nodded, she was sleepy and tired already, “Gwaenchanha. Let’s talk a little bit longer.”

“Aniya. Andwae. I miss you so bad, but you’re not fit now. Go to sleep now. I’ll go to sleep as well.”

Goeun peeked at the watch on her phone. It was already almost 1 a.m in Seoul.

“Keurae, Oppa. I’ll sleep now and get better tomorrow.”

“Jaljayo, Chagiya.”

“Jalja, Oppa. Saranghae.”

Nado, neomu neomu saranghae.”

They then finished the phone call and Goeun fell asleep really soon. 

***
______________________________________

This post a little bit late. But nevermind.

Enjoy!

With love,
Vita