Part 10

The following days came as followed; they would get to work and Rose would have to scold him here and there when he began getting a little handsy but other than that, his work was coming along nicely. At least, she hadn't noticed anything wrong so far. As soon as they got home, he would then 'make up for lost time' as he put it and they would spend hours in the bedroom. Though the more and more they would make love, the more Rose noticed he got more possessive and clingier outside the tower. Of course he would deny everything and would shut the conversation down with his magical hands and tongue, but that was beside the point..

''absolutely not.''

''you don't exactly get to make that choice Loki when my name is clearly there, you need to treat it like the others.''

''..why the hell is your name there anyway when you are assigned to me?''

Rose leaned more towards the computer just to triple check what she was seeing. The last agent to be assigned a scout mission was her very own name. it.. couldn't be a typo, this system rarely had mistakes. ''I may be assigned to be an assistant but I am still an agent, and if Fury feels like particular people hold the qualification to get particular jobs done then he has every right to send those people out.'' She explained, sitting back in her chair beside him as they stared at the computer. Rose could tell he was clutching the arms if the chair hard so she made sure to place a hand on his before he could break it.

''..then take me with you.''

''what?-''

''I want you to train me to be out in the field, at least with minor missions for now, show me what you do.'' It didn't sound like a question, and it more than likely was because he wanted to keep an eye on her rather than finding an opportunity to grow in this job.

''Loki i.. we need you here. they have me going out there tomorrow so it would be to late to change the schedule. I trust you here by yourself, you've done an amazing job so far. Look,'' she pointed to a section on the computer and felt her cheeks redden when she felt his hand rest on her thigh ''this just means there's been a bit of minor activity in this area, I just need to go and check it out and if its all clear, then that's done.''

''and if its not clear?''

''..then best call it in and wait for backup.''

Loki's hand lightly gripped her thigh as he moved his eyes away from the computer and to her own, his voice low so only she could hear him ''I will not put you in danger.''

''Loki- this is my job, it's what I do and what I've been trained to do. If there is any activity, we place ourselves in a safe zone and call for backup. But this needs to get done.'' She told him and they both knew they were equally stubborn. But by one second, Loki's demeanor changed and he sat back in his chair, giving a nod before he suddenly submitted her name and logged in the mission.

''alright darling, you're all set.'' He smiled and her eyes hardened, looking him over as she straightened.

''what did you do?''

''everything you just witnessed yourself darling. I know you are capable, and you need to do you're job, just as you trust me to do mine.'' He explained with an almost innocent look on his face.

Her eyes kept narrowed as she collected her papers off the desk without even breaking eye contact before she got up. ''..fine. let's finish up for the day.''

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rose jumped as her alarm set off at 5am and she quickly silenced it before Loki could be woken up. Judging by the fact that she was practically pinned by his arm draped over her as she lay on her stomach, it was clear he was still sound asleep as she glanced over at his peaceful state.