Part 1

Fury wasn't one to really give ridiculous orders, or at least ones that didn't have a purpose to them, but there's a first for everything right? Rose wasn't quite the one to refuse an order, mainly because she was a bit to shy to say no and went along with things, but for the first time in her life, she really wish she had.

The deal was this: she was to be undercover, a maid if you will but assistant seemed a bit less demeaning to the title for.. The God of Mischief. Loki had been allowed to stay on Midgard, a few months after the battle of New York only to be faced with a choice; return to face Asgard's punishment or remain here on earth under strict watch. The second option was eventually picked but day by day the god questioned whether he had made the right choice.

As time went by, threats had been popping up which meant that SHIELD and the Avengers were staying busy, to busy to baby sit. why not a cell forever? Fury had eventually proposed the idea on Rose that had brought her here finally to face Loki for the first time. The idea? act as his ma- assistant only to secretly keep an eye on him as a representative for SHIELD. They aren't the bad guys, they want people to succeed and be free, but freedom had to be earned.

About a week ago, they had moved Loki to his own establishment, a building that quite resembled Stark's tower but not as.. glamorous. If his behavior improved and no funny business was to be seen, Rose was to keep a diary every evening, reporting to SHIELD his progress and the results were to be weighed on how closer he was to be earning his freedom.

Boss and Assistant. that was all. Help with the human things he didn't quite understand and don't argue to reduce risk of danger, after all, it was just her there, and backup might not always get there on time if she needed. which was exactly why Fury had picked her, she was capable. Or at least that's how he saw her, she merely stood in the elevator wondering what the hell she was doing there again and why she had agreed to all this in the first place.

'i am not a slave, just a helper.' was the sentence she repeated to herself, already getting a headache as she prepared to face the god of mischief himself. again.. this was going to be a whole new experience for him in the long run.

*ding*

The elevator doors slid open, Rose stepping out into the main living room, feeling awkward in her plain jeans and a T-shirt (having to leave her uniform and all SHIELD behind in this undercover job) where she faced Loki's back to her in his usual armor and leather's attire. The only thing she did manage to keep hidden was her wings that she carefully had got into a folding position and they lay pressed against her back tightly underneath her shirt; it was a usual thing when she wasn't on the field.

"A visitor?" He asked, turning around slowly to face her where piercing green eyes met curious blue ones for the first time. They dragged themselves down over her, already making herself feel a bit uncomfortable as a smirk came to his lips at what he saw. ''what exactly brings you here in this humble disguise of a prison?'' he asked, his tone sounding as if it was poking her in the chest where her cheeks reddened ever so slightly. of course.. why wouldn't he remember me..

''my name is Rose.. i have been sent here to act as you're assistant and that's all.'' her voice was careful, knowing that's all she should say but his eyes almost made her want to spill her guts by force.

''a maid?'' Loki almost laughed.

''an assistant.'' she quickly corrected, already hating the related words that weren't even really related.

''a slave.''

''Assistant.'' she said, a bit more firmly with her tone indicating that she already was getting annoyed. that didn't take long.

Loki nodded and chuckled. "Ah yes, tend to my needs." He said, using air quotations. he walked over to her and furrowed his eye brows, quite taken how beautiful she was the closer he got. "don't you really mean watch over? Like an angel in your Christianity religion...or spy on..." he smirked and walked over slowly. at least he wasn't stupid, but she was to not confirm her real position here as she would remain known as his assistant, rather than his baby sitter. "Am I not right Rose?" He asked quietly. His hands clasped themselves behind him as he approached her, an amused look on his face at her mild shock of when he said her name. how much did Fury tell him on her way over here?

''..whatever you need done, i am here to assist.'' she told him slowly, knowing he was waiting for her to slip up, so by her careful words she might have a lasting chance.

''pity, and here i actually thought someone was here to see me'' he smirked, sarcasm dripping from his tone as he turned to sit at the best, arms resting on either side of him as a finger tapped on the arm on the chair in thought, eyes never leaving her.

'as if someone would actually come to visit you'. ''Many might not want to go through the trouble considering your current reputation here..'' honestly, not the best sentence that could have left her mouth as his eyes lowered a bit and he patted the arm of the chair.

"Come here...Before you do, close the door.." his voice deepened after each syllable. He watched her closely before saying, a bit louder this time, in almost a bark. "Now"

Rose stayed put, unable to flinch due to many past interrogations she's had to sit through, but his tone and demands were quite surprising. 'don't argue, we need you to remain safe if tasks aren't threatening.' Fury's words echoed in her head. his tone was a bit harsh but there wasn't exactly anything that said danger right? Slowly, she moved across the room and shut the door that she assumed lead to the rest of the house, bedrooms maybe? she then turned and carefully went over in front of his desk, no way in hell she would expect herself to get down on her knees or anything for him but awaited his next move. ''..yes?''

Loki's eyes seemed to pierce through her as he spoke carefully, almost as if he was making sure she was understanding every word that left his lips. "you're under my order...you do not disrespect me like that. throughout your time working with me..." he then moved and stood up, the desk being the only thing between them. "You will learn to respect...care...and maybe.. appreciate me.''

That desk almost seemed to be getting smaller and smaller and she seemed to just now notice how much of a difference their heights were. appreciate? in what way? surely he didn't mean anything like- ''i'm not sure what you are hinting at-''

Loki smirked. "Fury has you here to keep an eye on me...yes?" He asked quietly and chuckled. "Then keep an eye on me...watch me...observe me." He smirked wider. "but darling...don't you worry...for if you are good, I will make this whole endeavor durable. like i did last time.."

Rose raised a brow in a mix of shock and confusion, her body leaning as it threatened to take a step back and felt a shiver run down her spine. he remembers?. ''..This is merely a job and one i can walk away from if i so choose so you might want to-''

"what will I ever do with you...'' he smirked, a hand slowly reaching down and too hold of the edge of the desk as he slowly moved it to the side and out of his way, his eye contact holding. ''I'm just tempted to keep you here...because I don't think I will be able to stop this match of wits." He said softly, taking a step forward to where he was in front of her now. "Trust me darling...you are not as strong as you think you are. you are under orders from Fury yes? one you cannot simply walk away from even if you wanted to; at least not easily.'' He leaned down, dangerously close now. ''it will just be like old times..''

''wha-''

''I believe darling you're under my orders..." he growled and leaned close to her, taking in her sweet perfume he would love so much. "and I think I've got my first little job for you darling..."