Part 7

"The world doesn't exist when I'm with you.. Rose..''

Rose looked behind her slowly after she entered her room, her heart rate beating fast as she saw Loki standing there in the door way, the outside light giving him a mysterious looking silhouette. His hands gripped the door frame on either side of him, his body leaning as if he were holding himself back from moving forward as she turned to face him fully from where she stood in the center of the room.

''Loki.. you both and I know how this works..''

''what would be the risk?'' Loki asked, his voice hiding a desperate tone as he kept his voice down. ''you were sent here to rehabilitate me and that is it correct?.. a friend helping a friend..''

''and what this friend wants is impossible..'' Rose's voice got low as she looked down to the floor, which instantly made him slowly move forward until he was standing before her again. A finger gently raised her chin so she was looking at him and his eyes softly asked to continue her thought. ''..Fury.. SHIELD.. everyone.. the way they see you.. the past.. they would try to..''

''..Rose. regardless of what other people think, how they see me as a monster because of the past.. isn't this rehabilitation suppose to change all that and what people see?'' Loki asked softly and her eyes returned to him, his thumb gently stroking just below her bottom lip. ''if they don't.. then it doesn't concern me.. and it shouldn't concern you.. who cares what the Midgardians think? People judge others every day, it shouldn't stop one from enjoying life...''

Rose's eyes searched his as a hand gently came up and rested on his wrist, the same hand that stroked her beautiful skin with his eyes locked on hers. ''..but Fury-''

''is just another Midgardian like all the others, just.. with more of a position at your organization.. but your personal life and your work life should remain separate-''

''this is my work life-.. this is an assignment.. to help you..''

''so I'm just a job?''

''no-.. but.. he can remove me from this place.. and I might not see you again..'' the very thought made her turn away from him, her back towards him as she studied the floor.

Loki searched her, although all he saw was her back and flowing wings. He let the silence sit for just a moment, before he took a bold step forward, his shoulders ducking under her wings as his arms wrapped around her waist ever so slowly with his chin on her shoulder, his height having to slightly accommodate to hers. He didn't say anything yet as he waited, before he then felt her body relax against him, her back pressed against his chest, her wings relaxing onto his shoulders from their current position and her hands coming up to rest against his.

''if I get this job.. we won't have to worry about that..'' he reminded, knowing that was secretly the point she wouldn't admit to getting him to work at SHIELD. He knew it wasn't exactly for outside rehabilitation, it was to keep them together, and they both knew it.

He kept his movements slow, his face turning to hers as he kissed softly right below her ear and moved down to her neck, covering as much skin as he had current access to as he prepared himself to stop when she said something. Again, she didn't.

Rose bit her lip as she felt her eyes close, her head leaning back to his shoulder as he kissed the side of her neck, her head rolling slowly to the side to give him more access and her hands gripped his slightly at the sensitivity. One of his hands slide slowly against her waist and back behind her where he then began running a gentle hand up and down her feathers, his fingers curling every now again when they were brought down her long appendage.

''Rose..'' his lips whispered against her skin, dancing against her flesh and licking as he went along. He slowly pulled back for only a moment, his hands guiding her hips so she would turn so she was now facing him and his lips returned to now the opposite side of her neck.