Part 6

Rose quickly hurried out of the jet with Loki right on her heels trying to catch up. It was a pretty important day, possibly a dangerous one considering she brought Loki with her to the Helicarrier without permission but in a way.. this could be a test for him to behave himself with the progress he was making.

''why didn't you just fly us there?'' Loki asked as he stuck to her side as they entered at least from the landing strip. Every single agent he passed his eyes would stare down at them, often being elbowed by Rose to cut it out.

''I did.''

''no I mean with..'' Loki brushed a finger down a wing and she quickly halted in her tracks to stare at him- well, up at him.

''I need you to keep your hands to yourself.''

''you mean, while we are here at least?'' he smirked, a triumphant look on his face to see redness on her cheeks.

''anywhere- and I am not getting fired over you.'' She warned him and she stared walking again, expecting him to follow. It was only a few days later after that.. particular night and often when he "accidently" brushed up against her wings, she didn't find herself being so.. defensive than usual, his gentle touch seemed fine whenever it "accidently" happened even though sometimes she knew it wasn't always an accident. ''and if you must know, the jet took us all the way up to the carrier. Do you really feel comfortable with me carrying you all the way up here with you over the entire sky and city just waiting to be dropped?''

''but you wouldn't drop me.'' He pointed out with a "I'm right" smirk but she gave him a small teasing indifferent one.

''I like to keep my options open. Right here-'' she suddenly said, coming to a stop at a door which led to director Fury's office. She turned around to face him and kept her voice down. ''..i need you to wait outside..''

Loki's expression didn't clearly like the idea which made him take a small step forward as if to enter first ''tell me why we are here again?''

''..just letting Fury know about the progress you've been mak-''

''you're a terrible liar Rose and you know it'' he smirked as he leaned down closer to her face, making her break eye contact to look away with shyness trying to hide itself ''we both know you could have easily called him instead.''

''fresh air will do you good- just wait here.'' She told him and quickly knocked on the door with her back to him, hearing him sigh to let out his mild frustration on being here.

''enter''

She heard her boss say and just as she was opening the door, at the same time Loki ran a hand through her feathers just on the inside of her wing lightly, causing her wings to fluff up. Right as Fury looked up from his desk, Loki side stepped out of view, just showing off a fuzzy-feathered flustered agent before him.

''are you alright Rose?'' he asked though his voice didn't exactly show any interest into really knowing as she quickly shook herself out and stepped inside, clearing her thought as she maintained her professionalism and closed the door before her.

''yes sir, I've just come to let you know the progress and my suggestion..''

''and you being here, I know you didn't leave him alone back at the tower so you must have brought him here without permission.'' It was more of a statement than a question and she glanced down at the ground with a nod.

''I really would like to test his progress which is why he's been brought here in a different environment. He's been well behaved and has gotten the hang of home life on his own.'' She explained with a contained positive attitude in her voice as he sat back in his chair with relaxed crossed arms.