xi.

We went in through a back door and walked through the halls, hearing foot steps and walking closer, there stood Kamala, Bruno and Kamran.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

We all just stared at each other for a moment before I noticed the tention between Nakia and Kamala. It was a thick air in there, even with the cold wind which was floating through the air at certain moments.

My eyes switched between the two before I walked up to Kamran and Bruno. My arms went around his neck I hugged him tight, Kamrans arms were around my waist squezzing me back. I could feel his breath against my neck, how he breathed out shakingly and I could feel eyes burning in my back.

"I'm so sorry I left you alone," I told him, letting go and turning to Bruno, "both of you. I shouldn't have left and it was stupid but I just felt like getting out."

Kamala and Nakia were talking about something behind us while we continued walking through the halls. Kamran stopped on a corner, I turned around to him before seeing blue light on his face and in the corner of my eye. Bruno and I ran to the window, opening the blinds a bit seeing the police and damage control standing infront of the school.

"Guys, damage control is here. How did they even find us?" Bruno ran back, interrupting Kamala and Nakia in her conversation.

"It doesn't matter. I'm the one they want, you guys should leave now before you get hurt." We all stood in a circle and I looked to Kamran.

"Yeah, no way I'm letting you alone here." I told him.

Kamala interrupted us as Kamran stared me down with that big brother look in his eyes, "He's right. You should leave. If you say you're not with us, they won't hurt you."

"Well, they already blew up my appartment." I felt guilt rising up inside of me being reminded of it.

"They invated the mosque. Twice." Nakia noticed.

"They tried to trick me into giving you up." Zoe said, coming from somewhere.

I looked at her confused at how she just stood there.

"What are you doing here?" Kamala asked the question we were all thinking of.

"The theater has good lightning." Zoe said, "It's where I film my tiktoks and I owe you for saving my life."

We all just stared at her and each other, then Nakia spoke up across from me, "We're with you. And I guess so is Zoe."

"Till the end of the line." I rembered my mother telling me, mumbling it under my breath.

Bruno looked at me confused for a short second before focusing again on the others.

"So, what's the plan?"

'''''''''''''''
"This is the plan."

We were all in a class room by now, Kamala standing infront of a board with us sitting around. I was seated on the desk, sitting criss crossed next to Bruno.

Kamala scribbled little drawings on the board explaining what we have to do.

"Since DODC is already here, we obviously can't outrun them, so we distract and stall aslong as possible until Kamran's safe. Got it?" She explained to us looking around the room.

We all nooded and I looked over to Bruno to see him looking at my wrist. It had a purple bruise around, coming from the stranger, I pulled my sleeve over it. He looked up at me like he wanted me to explain, the light of the room shinning in his face perfectly. I shook my head signaling him that I don't want to talk to him.

He looked at me with those pleading eyes, I couldn't resist them. We held eye contact for a moment before I turned my head around focusing on the others talking about the plan.

"Lee please, what happened." Bruno whispered, sending a shiver down my spine and letting my guard down for a second.

"It's nothing, just let it go." I told him, he didn't looked convinced but did as I told him turning around.

I took my time, my eyes flying over his facials before back to the board since I heard gasps from the others. My gaze found a man a bit older, with a beard and glasses standing in the front.

"We'll keep them busy while you run out the back." He said looking at Kamran.

They knew each other, clearly, but he never told me about anyone older.
"What are you doing here?" Kamala asked the guy.

She knew him, they looked similliar so maybe related.

"Mom said I have to look after you." He explained to her.

Kamala looked sad and pouted at him, "But Superheroes don't need a chaperon."

I looked confused and Zoe did aswell, I assume the others knew him. I turned to Bruno again just to catch him staring. He acted as if nothing happened.

"Who is this?" I asked him, trying not to smile at what just happened.

"That's Kamalas brother." He said blantly.

I nooded my head turning back to the board. My mind was blank just listening to Kamala who was explaining the plan. I couldn't stop think about what will happen once we are out of here and Bruno still remembers my wrist.

A/n: Another short chapter, also I'm sorry for not updating I was sick and a lot if school work right now so I hope you understand.
You all have a beautiful day, love you<3
Also, my book 'book love note' is finished now and I would really appreciate it if you would read it.
Plus, if you like this story please let me know by commeting and voting.