v.

I was 5 and hiding under a table. My rabbit with me, tight in my arms.
Mom and Dad had a fight again and I couldn't sleep so sometimes I listen and try to solve their problem but it always end with him hitting her and then going to sleep.

But this time it was different. She didn't bagged down when he treatend her with hurting her so he thought of something else.

"So you don't listen anymore well, I know someone who will make you listen to me." He said and his devilish grin was seen.

"Don't you dare hurting her!" She screamed at him and then her hand was against his cheek.

My mouth opened and a gasp left my mouth. I didn't covered it up and my father noticed. His eyes found me, he took big steps towards me and before I could run away his hand grabbed my shirt and he lifted me up a bit so that my legs strampled in the air.

My mother looked at me with wide eyes.

"No, please not my baby." She pleaded him but he didn't listened.

"Mommy help me!" I cried out as he grabbed my hair and pulled my head back so I was looking at him directly.
In the mean while my mother made the oven on so it could run hot.

"You're going to be a good girl, aren't you?" He asked me with that baby voice.

Tears were floading down my face and I wanted to scream.

"Yes, yes." I cried out feeling dizzy, I couldn't breath right and my head was hurting.

He smiled at me before my mother pulled out the pan and pulled ot over his face. I fell down on the ground and hit my head pretty hard.

I could hear the cries from my mother and the fire-alarm going off before I got picked up and carried out by my mother.

As I woke up the firemen still weren't there. My eyes widen at the sight infront of me.

Our house was burning down and my father with it. I could hear his screams of pain clear in my mind even if it wasn't there. I scrambled to my feet and wanted to run in back before my mother wrapped her arms around me.
I sobbed into her dress before calming down a bit, but everytime I thaught of him I could see the fire and tears would start forming in my eyes.

That was the day I lost my father, my childhood and we lost our house.

------

I ran, I just ran with the person infront of me, unable to see who it was I just trusted them. Even when it wasn't a real fire I wanted to get out of here save.

My legs went numb and I fell to the ground. My hand still holding theirs they got pulled back aswell.

"Hey, Carolina, you have to come with me okay?" I could hear Bruno tell me.

"I can't." My voice came out quiet.

"No, you have to. I won't let you here." He said holding my hand in his.

I grapped his shoulders and slowly stood up with his help. My arm was around his shoulder and his was around my waist to keep me steady.
As we were outside I could hear people chattering before he sat me down against a wall.

"Are you going to be okay?" Bruno asked as I leaned against the wall.

I just nooded my head and took in a shaky breath before he was already gone. I tried to calm down and not think about it but I couldn't stop.

"Hey, are you okay?" I saw Nakia sit beside me.

"Yeah, just memories." I told her forcing a thin lip smile on my face.