𝟬𝟬𝟰 one step at a time

four: one step at a time  cobra kai — season 3, episode 4

cobra kai — season 3, episode 4

LOST OF AWARENESS OF ONESELF WAS SOMETHING SKYLAR WAS FAMILIAR WITH. Her constant seizure would be as if she were zoning out. But it was more than that. Skylar wouldn't remember what happened when she stared off into the distance at nothing, ultimately making the redhead feel crazy at times. Her brother, Jaxton Holten, would disagree with the fact.

Despite the persistent bickering between the two, they always had each other's backs when it mattered most. Jaxton would always be the person that Skylar would go to if she were to cry about something. When they had lived in Florida and Skylar had people at her throats, he was the one to step up and say something when no one else would.

For the longest time, Skylar had looked up to him as a role model. Skylar wanted to be exactly like her older brother. It didn't matter about the flaws Jaxton obtained. His little sister always saw the good in him. Even when his fists were bruised from beating people up, it didn't matter to Sky because he was doing it to defend his sister.

Jaxton walked into his sister's room, a smile plastered on his face until he saw Skylar, and his grin dropped. He sighed heavily, going to the girl's side as she stared off in the distance. Her fingers rubbed together uncontrollably. He clasped his hand over hers and waited patiently for her to come back to consciousness.

It was common for Skylar to have these seizures. She has about at least ten of these seizures a day. Coming back to her senses, being aware of her surroundings, she furrowed her brows and glanced at the hand that was grasping her own. Skylar looked up at her brother, a smile instantly itching on her face, "Jax. When did you get here?"

"Just now," He answered, "I didn't wanna say anything while you have ... you know?" Skylar nodded, her head dipping down, "sorry about that."

Her older brother shook his head, a chuckle leaving his throat, "no, don't apologise. It's not your fault, remember?" Skylar smiled at the memories flashing through her mind. Every time Skylar would apologise for something she couldn't control ( mostly her seizures ), he would remind the redhead that she didn't have to say sorry.