𝟬𝟭𝟯 starting with the basics

thirteen: starting with the basics cobra kai — season 4, episode 1

cobra kai — season 4, episode 1

      IT WAS DEFINITE THAT SKYLAR'S FAMILY WOULD FREAK OUT WHEN THEY HAD SEEN THE BRUISE THAT TOOK UP THE MAJORITY OF HER CHEEK. How the yellowish mark formed into a purple. Audrey Holten was convinced that it had something to do with Miguel Diaz and the whole karate thing, including Johnny Lawrence. It had taken a bit for Audrey to come to her senses and allowed the redhead to see the Diaz boy once more.

    Of course, even if she didn't have the consent of her mother to see Miguel, she would have anyways. Miguel was the reason behind Skylar's true happiness instead of the smiles that she put on display as a circus act. She was able to truly see her heart flutter inside her ribs, her stomach hurt from the amount of real emotion she felt. Skylar wasn't able to embrace how much she liked Miguel–could even be love. But Skylar was scared that she was to take things fast, so she forced herself to conceal it.

    Nonetheless, when she was Miguel, she forgot about everything and was able to show how she felt inside. On the night that she was attacked by Tory and had Sam protect her, Skylar felt defenceless. If you were to tell the Holten girl a year ago she'd be attacked by her boyfriend's ex for no reason which is the main reason she joined karate, she'd stare at you as if you had lost your mind. But it was true. Skylar joined Johnny's dojo alongside Miyagi-Do, although she hadn't gotten a lesson yet.

    When Skylar told her mom she joined the dojo that she would talk, Audrey was the most reluctant. But then she remembered how her daughter came in barely able to walk, her face marked with Tory's violence and how she cried to her brother about how she felt useless during all of it, her mindset completely changed.

    Miguel and Skylar had gotten closer because of the event. They didn't know it was possible that their relationship could become stronger than it was, but everyone noticed the change. Miguel was more protective of Skylar. Seeing her hurt switched something in Miguel and it was for the better. Still being a kid, he was learning from the mistakes that he was inevitably going to make. And the mistakes he made when he was dating Sam and Tory.