𝟬𝟬𝟳 unwanted side effects

seven: unwanted side effectscobra kai — season 3, episode 5

cobra kai — season 3, episode 5

      SKYLAR COULDN'T REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS THE LAST TIME SHE KNEW WHO WAS STARING BACK AT HER IN THE MIRROR.

    As she stared into her reflection, she didn't know the other person on the other side. She was merely a stranger. A stranger who couldn't remember the last time they felt pure happiness in life altogether. A stranger that was the total opposite of the persona that Skylar played. And to think it was all because of the pills that were supposed to be her life savour.

    She had been transcripted new pills as the ones she was given prior didn't work. The tablets were supposed to stop her seizures, but there hadn't been ones that properly worked. Skylar hated taking them anyway. They made her feel fatigued all the time, she'd have trouble remembering things more than others, the nauseous feeling that came along, being hyper at some points, and the mental pull it took upon her.

    The redhead had spent days in bed, watching movies or shows on repeat whilst she slept. Tears would stream her face like an endless waterfall until she ran out of waterworks. Her mother, brother and father would become worried, checking on the girl every hour or so.

    Together, they would advise Skylar to take a walk or get some fresh air. Yet, she never moved from the spot she lay on her bed. She was just too tired all the time and mentally drained.

    That's what it took to survive the condition the redhead endured. With her seizures becoming more frequent and out of control, it was becoming a worry that had to be stopped—or reduced at the least. And the pills she was given were the 'answer' as the doctors would state.

    Skylar continued to pierce her sight into her reflection. Her eyes were blurred with tears, staring back at her with the pills she were to take, placed in her palm and a water bottle in her other hand. With another reluctant deep breath, she set the pills on the base of her tongue and took a swig of water. Leaning her head back, she stiffly swallowed and felt the water along with the tablets trickle down her throat.