𝟬𝟬𝟲 slow and steady wins the race

six: slow and steady wins the racecobra kai — season 3, episode 5

cobra kai — season 3, episode 5

IT HAD BEEN AROUND A WEEK SINCE MIGUEL CAME HOME. Skylar had fulfilled her word on coming to visit him every day and their friendship had grown stronger. The redhead was there when Miguel Diaz had come home in his wheelchair, balloons floating in the air as she wore a party hat.

That day, Carmen saw the biggest smile planted on her son's face ever since his accident and realised just how much joy Skylar brought him. He was back to training with his Sensei that Miguel officially introduced to Sky–having met him in the hospital when he came and visited. Though Miguel saw Johnny Lawrence as a major role model, she wasn't sure how he saw him.

She did appreciate how the man wasn't giving up until Miguel was able to walk again. Every day, the hope of him walking grew, yet there were moments of doubt and weakness. Miguel was getting free physical therapy from his mom's work, which allowed him to get the proper treatment he needed. Johnny found it bullshit, but Skylar knew it would help in the long run.

As of school, Miguel didn't know when he was to go back. Quite frankly, he didn't even know if he did want to go back. With him falling off the railing when the school fight occurred, I mean, who wants to go back and relive such a horrid thing? Skylar was still in the middle of convincing her parents that she was fully capable of going back to school, and, with the help of Miguel, they had persuaded Sebastian Holten.

Her mother was still on the fence about the idea, but she was barely gripping on. Skylar and Miguel knew she was going to fold in some time.

Skylar and Miguel were inseparable at this point. Miguel was barely talking to any of his old friends, only here and there, but he kept Skylar close. Their parents would barely see the two without each other during the day when they were hanging out. It would always be, either, Skylar was at Miguel's house, or Miguel was at Skylar's. It was one or the other.