Chapter 32

AFTER WHAT HAPPENED WITH Bloom killing Rosalind, they had called Anya and Saul and now the group were meeting in the garage

"Now I trust you all understand the gravity if the situation," Saul said, "So until were sure about how were going to proceed, nobody can know any of the details,"

"Sorry, I know it's a big deal that Bloom kill-" Terra stopped herself, "-that Rosalind is dead. But in my opinion I think its a bigger deal that Rosalind murdered Dowling,"

"Yes, it's an issue. But the only thing we know for certain is the first part of the sentence," Anya explained.

Sky walked in, handing something to Saul, "I've made an agreement with Bavani, that should keep Bloom out of confinement," he explained, pulling out bracelets.

"What are those?" Flora asked.

"Saul!" Anya yelled out when she saw them, "You're not putting those on her. They'll stop her from using her magic,"

"She discharged her magic into the crystal, she's not a risk anymore," Aisha reassured.

"I'm afraid those were the terms," Saul explained.

"It's okay. I did it and I'm not going to fight it," Bloom said, looking disappointed in herself.

"I'll put em on," Anya said, picking them up, her hands shaking, "Now this is going to hurt for a bit but you get used to them, they look better then the ones I had,"

Bloom looked down at Anyas wrists, noticing the four marks dug into either side of each arm. She didn't even make a noise when they clasped around her wrists.

"Bavani will convene a tribunal ro determine the consequences of Blooms actions. Queen Luna will precide over it," Saul explained.

"So you expect us to go to class and act lime everything's normal," Musa said angrily.

"No, because everything not normal. Queen Luna will make an address," she said before they watched the video.

"That was a load if bullshit," Anya said when they described how nice Rosalind was.

Queen Luna explained that it was blood witches, led by Sebastian Valtor. They all watched in shock at the video.

☆☆☆

THE NEXT DAY, ANYA, WHO'S stitches had mostly healed and now was able to get back to work, stood with Saul as he ordered the Specialists around.

Musa walked over and Anya smiled, she could only imagine how difficult it was for her to have lost her powers.

"Hey Musa, how are you doing?" She asked, stepping away from the work to talk to her.

"Do you think you and Silva need any help?" She blurted out, clearly nervous, "I just want to do something,"

Anya nodded. She knew how it felt to be redundant in her own powers and she was glad to allow the girl to help out, that is until Saul cut in.

"As you can see we've got enough specialists, if only they'd work more and complain less," he said, the last bit of the sentence directed at Riven and Dane.

"And you don't need any more," Musa said, sounding defeated, "If I become specialist then I can help,"

He shook his head, he wasn't going to let someone untrained get hurt. It wasn't a good idea.

"I'll teach her Saul, in my downtime," she said, looking over at him, "Please,"

"No, for now they have a job to do, but maybe once this is all done okay," he said and she nodded.

"You'll really teach me Miss Winchester? To be a specialist?" She asked.

Anya nodded, "I'm sure I can spare Riven to teach you for a bit, I still need to get these stitches all fixed,"

Musa hugged Anya, clearly excited, "Thank you Anya, you're the best," she said before walking away.

Anya smiled at the girl. She reminded her the most of herself out of all the girls, someone with difficult powers and a heart of gold.

☆☆☆

LATER THAT DAY, ANYA FINISHED up a lesson with some first years when she got a text from Saul, he needed to see her in the woods.

She headed over to hear the end of his speech to the specialists.

"We have to go, we've found Sebastians hideout. Bavani doesn't trust the army to make a cover move," he explained and Anya froze.

"Saul," she said and he turned around to see her before one of his students spoke up.

"We're attacking?" Dane questioned. This time last year, he would never have been ready for this war.

Anya knew that none of these students were ready for the war that was ahead of them, for the fight, she wasn't at their age anyway.

"We have to end this war before it begins," he said to them before they all went to the trucks to grab their stuff and get ready.

He walked over to her and she pulled him in for a hug, "Bloom lost her tribunal," she explained.

Terra had messaged her earlier and she was heartbroken at the idea. The girl was going to be locked alone in freeze for 20 years. Sky would be the same age as Anya by then.

Her heart sunk as she realised that someone was going to have to break the news to Sky about it all.

"I'm sorry my love, I know you hoped it wouldn't go that way," he said and she nodded.

At that moment, Sky rushed over in his specialists armour, ready to fight.

"I just got your text Silva, I've been waiting for the tribunal, this is a better use of my time," he said.

Anya and Saul looked at each other, both knowing that the tribunal had already took place.

"Sky, Queen Luna made her ruling. Blooms not coming back," she said.

She watched as Sky's face dropped. She remembered feeling that same pain when they had arrested Saul and all she wanted to do was reach out and comfort him.

He was her son after all, she knew him better than most people, she had raised him. She should be able to comfort him but instead she stood back, watching as he ran back to the school.

"He's going to be okay love," Saul said, noticing her forlorn look.

She nodded, "I know he is. We raised him to be able to handle himself, but this is something else Saul," she said.

He chuckled to himself, "Anya, you broke me out of prison, what says he can't do the same for Bloom?" He asked.

Anya smiled, "Yeah," she said before turning to him, "Be safe okay, I need you to come home,"

He nodded, pressing a kiss to her lips before walking over to the trucks where the other specialists were.

1208 words