Chapter 14

HE FOLLOWED HER INTO THEIR ROOM,she was fuming and rightfully so

she was fuming and rightfully so. Anya couldn't believe that he would lie to her like that.

"Why did you ask him to do that?" She asked angrily, pacing back and forth slightly.

"It was necessary, it's for the good of the school," he explained and she scoffed.

Saul didn't think about it, he just knew that something was going on and he had to do something about it.

"Thats what Rosalind asked me to do with Andreas and look where that got me," she said. Anya hated Andreas, after everything he had done to her, she was glad he was dead.

"I know Anya. But Sky is not Andreas, and he wouldn't hurt Bloom, not like how Andreas hurt you," Saul said, walking over and placing his hands on her shoulders.

She looked away, tears welling up in her eyes. Saul ran his hands up and down her arms reassuringly.

Her relationship with Andreas had ended in heartbreak from them both, nine months of her life wasted and everything she loved had been taken away.

Saul had been with her every step of the way and he hated how she was left after they took it all away from her.

"You should have told me," she said, turning her head round and looking at him.

All she wanted was for him to trust her and she was worried that he didn't.

He nodded his head, "I know, I'm sorry," Saul said and she sighed, looking down at the floor.

"No more secrets," Anya stated and Saul smiled at her.

"No more secrets," he promised, pressing a kiss to her forehead before she pulled him into a hug, placing her head on his shoulder.

Her mind was all over the place, this scenario having brought back bad memories of Andreas.

They were mostly negative but before they started dating, he was the kindest man she'd ever met, a brilliant human being with a heart of gold.

She'd always wondered where that man had gone when she was left cold and broke at the age of 23, clutching to everything she had left.

☆☆☆

LATER THAT EVENING, THEY MET UP with Farah in the cell and she could see that they were both a lot less tense.

Beatrix screamed as Farah searched through her mind, searching for anything that would work.

She was obviously faking it as Farahs powers didn't hurt anyone but Beatrix knew how to put on a show.

"Tell me why you're at this school," Farah asked, listening to Beatrix's panicked breathing.

"Farah, she's not talking, we can't keep doing this," Anya said, stepping in and trying to help the girl.

Beatrix looked at them with pain in her eyes, staring up at Anya with a hopeful look, Anya was almost falling for the tricks and the acting.

"I can make her," Farah said, staring at Beatrix who had her hands over her ears, trying to block out the noise.

"You're hurting her, she's a child," Anya said, not liking how Farah was treating her.

"What I'm doing is pushing past her mental defenses," Farah explained, "It's painless, this is an act,"

Beatrixs face softened as she stopped crying, looking at Farah angrily. Anya saw all the facades dissapear, Beatrixs true personality coming through.

"I wonder if anyone will believe you, I doubt it. My story is the better one," Beatrix explained.

Farah glared at her as she got closer to the bars, Saul and Anya following closely. They tried to keep their distance, not knowing what Beatrix had planned.

"Its what they'll whisper in the halls when this is all over. They'll say Beatrix was damaged, everyone knew that, but the headmistress was fucking obsessed," Beatrix explained with a chuckle.

"Callum was clearly helping you. Why did you kill him?" Farah questioned, getting frustrated at this point.

The way Farah was acting demonstrated her annoyance, she was done with the games and needed to protect the school.

"They'll say Dowling went to her cell every night for a week and violently prodded her fragile mind," Beatrix explained, "Winchester tried to intervene but she was too busy snogging her boyfriend to fight back,"

Anya stepped closer to the bars, their relationship was meant to be a secret; she narrowed her eyes at Beatrix.

Beatrix chuckled at her reaction, "Oh, you two are terrible at hiding it, the subtle hand touches, the longing gazes across the halls, I'm probably one of the only ones who've noticed, and I can keep it that way."

"Where did you go with Bloom? Did she help you break into my office?" Farah asked, but Beatrix kept interrupting, not letting Farah get her questions out.

"Beatrix's screams echoed through the school," Beatrix started again but this time, Farah interrupted her.

"The Burned Ones that have appeared, do you have something to do with them?" Farah asked, clenching her fists as she kept digging through Beatrix's mind.

But nothing was there, it was like someone had put expert mental blocks in so that Farah wouldn't be able to access it.

"Then one night, the screaming stopped. No one knows what happened to the poor girl, but everyone knows who did it," Beatrix explained, glaring back at Farah.

Her story was brilliant and it could ruin their reputations. It was something they needed to consider from now on.

"Beatrix, you are not the victim here," Farah stated, shaking her head.

Beatrix snickered, "Maybe not to you, but I can't promise the rest of the school will agree," she said.

There was a deafening silence and Anya looked at Saul, not knowing what to do.

"Sorry, was that not the story you wanted to hear," Beatrix said and Farah stormed off, Saul and Anya following her.

But as the three walked out, they didn't spot Bloom as she hid behind one of the cars.

They didn't know about Blooms motives or what she wanted but they all knew she was up to something.

953 words