Chapter 6

DURING NEXT WEEK, ANYA STOODat the front of the class wearing a dark red dress

at the front of the class wearing a dark red dress. She was still stressed out about Saul and couldn't focus right.

Musa picked up on it straight away, noticing the feelings of affection and fear all mixed together.

"Your magic connects you to living things," Anya explained as she hovered over Terra.

Anya didn't teach many classes, she often helped out in Farrahs and Sauls class so this was one of her only times in the week where she worked on her own.

She also primarily taught older years so this was a lot different to normal.

Terra managed to make a plant grow and Anya smiled, pacing up and down the room as she looked at everyone's work.

"You can give life," Anya said, standing in front of Terras desk, "But there is such thing as giving too much,"

Terra smiled, accidentally spending too much power onto he plant and watching it die, "Too much is kind of her thing," Musa said who was sitting next to her.

Anya raised an eyebrow at the girl, "Which you can feel because you're an exposed microphone on a windy peak," she said.

"Well Miss Winchester, its very difficult when people scream their emotions at me," Musa joked with a smile.

Musa saw something in Anya, something she hadn't seen since her mother. A way of being able to talk to her in a way she couldn't with the others teachers.

"Think of focusing on one emotion, in one direction, narrow the field," Anya suggested, smirking slightly.

Musas eyes started to glow purple as she listened in on Anyas emotion, focusing herself. She could feel Anyas fear for Saul but also her overbearing love and care she felt for him.

"Good," she said, walking over to Bloom as she heard her mutter about how impossible everything was.

"Maybe it's a trick assignment," Bloom said as she sat at the back of the class next to a stern faces Aisha.

"Maybe its all the talking," Aisha said, Bloom looking down at her table at the comment; Aisha was never one for jokes, especially ones that involved school.

"A fire that lays waste to everything in its path is instinctual and impulsive, what do you do when you need that fire to stop?" Anya asked, standing in front of Bloom and Aishas desk, "Try lighting one piece of kindling and leaving the others untouched,"

Bloom nodded, looking down at the firewood on the desk in front of her. She reached her hands out, exhaling determinedly.

A few in the middle lit fire and Bloom looked up at Anya for reassurance. Anya smiled at her before looking in the back.

After Blooms success, Anya walked towards the back, seeing Beatrix was sitting on her own, manipulating the electricity, "Impressive Beatrix, keep it up," she complimented.

"Got it Miss Silva," she said and Anya froze, looking over to Beatrix who had an obviously fake guilty look on her face. "I meant Miss Winchester, sorry,"

Anya, who was still slightly confused, walked up to Aisha, looking at her bowl of water.

"Control, I get the idea," Aisha said and she held her hand over the bowl, making a water bubble float in the air.

She sounded harsh. Anya couldn't decide whether Aisha had given up or if she was scared that she couldn't do it but the feeling of unease was obvious.

"Good Aisha, however, consider the individual elements that combine to form the whole, a drop of water is unpredictable," Anya explained.

A smaller drop of water separated from the larger bubble until Aisha dropped the bubble, watching as it exploded on the desk.

Some students muttered, laughing at Aisha as she jumped up away from the water.

"Something yet to be learned, but we all get there eventually," Anya said, "Thats all for today,"

"But Miss Winchester," Beatrix said and Anya turned to look at her, "How do you control your powers?"

Anya smiled, looking at Beatrix as she walked to the front. Anya had the powers to manipulate the dark and had even managed to occasionally change what people were able to see.

"Darkness, shadows, it surrounds us just like most of your powers do," she explained, looking at them all, "You just have to learn to control yourself,"

She reached a hand out, her eyes turning pitch black as she sucked all the light out of the room.

Some students gasped, watching as Anya stood at the front of the room with a ball of darkness in her hand.

"And now without any ability to see, I can evolve my powers," she explained, reaching the other hand out and waving it about.

The students gasped as they saw a small dancing flame. It wasn't real, Anya was making them see it through her mind.

She spread her arms out and all the lights started to flood into the room. "You just have to learn the control, the focus," she said, her thoughts drifting off to Saul again.

The students looked at her, some still amazed by her powers. It was unique to have the control over darkness, especially to then be able to manipulate other peoples sight.

"Well, good lesson everyone, have a nice day," she said and all the students left the room.

When they left, Anya stood there, remembering the days she'd spent in the same classroom.

Her and Saul had been a menace, an awful pair who would constantly get in trouble for partying and sneaking around and not listening in class. Yet they were some of the best students in the year.

She missed those days when Ben was more carefree and Andreas was alive and not an awful human being

But the memories and the nostalgia just made a wave of worry wash over her for Saul and his wellbeing.

He might not make it if this Burned One isn't killed soon. She couldn't even imagine where she'd be without him.

1075 words