Chapter 10

SAUL LOOKED AT ANYA AND SKY ASthey walked into the room

they walked into the room. She watched him and noticed his already better appearance.

Ben nodded and Saul jumped off the table, looking over at Sky and Anya as they walked in.

There was a sense of relief that they were okay but he was still mad at them. He knew that they both were missing and assumed it was them that had killed the Burned One.

"You are an idiot," he said and Sky nodded his head, admitting that he was.

Anya walked over to Saul, seeing that the veins had gone down and his eyes were back to normal. He was being healed.

She felt a wave of relief wash over her at the idea that he was okay, that he was alive. She didn't know what she would have done if he wouldn't have been able to pull through.

For the first time ever, it was a clarity that she couldn't waste anymore time with him, that there wasn't time to stall or doubt herself.

"A stupid, impulsive, reckless idiot, both of you," he said angrily and Anya just smiled at him.

"I know," she said, Saul walking over to the two with a disappointed look, "But is it better?"

They looked over at Ben and he nodded, smiling at them. Anya let out a sigh of relief, happy that he was okay.

"Dont smile at them, Anya should have stopped him," Saul said, looking at her with a frustrated look.

"I know, just kiss me," she said almost breathlessly. For a second, everything stopped and Anya thought he'd reject her.

"Yes ma'am," he said with a smile, pulling her in for a kiss.

It wasn't gentle or soft, it was desperate. Like they'd been dying of thirst for hundreds of years and finally found an oasis.

Anya felt dizzy, her head spinning as she just kept kissing him, running her hands through his hair.

They both forgot that Sky was in the room as they got lost in the kiss, trying to be as close as they could.

Sauls hands reached behind her, resting on her lower back and pulling her as close as possible.

But breathing became a necessity again and they leaned their foreheads against one another, both breathing heavily.

"I love you," she whispered, opening her eyes again to look into his.

"I love you too," he replied, smiling at her. As he pulled away, lips slightly swollen, he looked at Sky who was smiling at them.

"Only took you two seventeen years," he said and Saul smiled, pulling the boy into a side hug.

"You're dad would've been proud of you for what you did tonight," Saul said and Anya smiled at them, still slightly dizzy from the kiss, "Good lad,"

Sky walked off to see Stella and everyone else, leaving Anya and Saul alone with Ben.

"Well, I think that this is my cue to leave," Ben said, looking at his friends, "I'm happy for you,

He had known them since they were teenagers and it had been obvious that the two of them had always shared a connection.

He walked out of the room and Anya smiled at him, pulling Saul into another kiss.

This one was sweet and Saul knew he was never going to let go of her. He tugged gently on her bottom lip, eliciting a delicious sound that made him just want more.

He started kissing down her neck, reveling in the fact that after all these years he was finally with her.

She hummed in response, "We are not doing this in Bens greenhouse," she said, threading her fingers through his hair.

"So you do want to do this," he said, his eyes clouded with lust as he placed his hands on her hips.

She wanted to roll her eyes at his cocky and sarcastic nature but that was something that she loved about him.

"Of course," she said with a chuckle, smiling at him. She hadn't felt this happy in such a long time.

He grabbed her, hoisting her over his shoulder as she giggled.

"You're going to hurt yourself," Anya protested, not wanting him to injure himself after everything.

"I don't care, let's take this upstairs shall we," he suggested and before Anya could even argue, he was walking up the stairs and unlocking the door to his room.

Being headmaster of the specialists had its perks, mainly the fact that he got a large area to live with a separate eating and living quarters.

He let her go, pushing her gently up against the door as he kissed her again.

"Eager are we?" Anya asked, playing with the hem of his shirt, not wanting to hurt his wounds.

She knew that though they had healed from the poison, they'd always be scarred and painful but she also knew that he was strong and could handle it.

"A near death experience does that to a man," he said, smiling at her as she started lifting his shirt off, slowly and delicately.

They walked to the bedroom, well more like rushed over, and Anya backed up until her legs hit the edge of the bed.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Saul asked, walking over and placing his hands on her hips.

"Yeah, but I don't think you ever meant it like this," she said as he gently lowered her down onto the bed.

"I've always meant it like that, and I'll tell you every day," he said, peppering kisses down her neck.

"I love you, I love you, I love you," he whispered after every kiss, caressing her collarbone gently.

"I love you too," Anya said, lacing her fingers with his as he continued to kiss her neck.

"Do you want this?" Saul asked, looking up at Anya as he played with her shirt, tracing his fingers over her slightly exposed stomach.

"Yes," she said breathlessly and he smirked, hooking his fingers under the waistband of her trousers.

1008 words