Chapter 13

A LITTLE LATER THAT DAY, ANYAstood in Farahs office with Ben as Musa, Aisha and Terra walked in

stood in Farahs office with Ben as Musa, Aisha and Terra walked in. They seemed stressed out as they stood in front of their desks, worry etched on their face.

"Beatrix was in the east wing with Bloom during the assembly," Aisha explained totally out of the blue.

"Why was Bloom down there?" Farah questioned, more to herself than anyone else.

"Thats whats important to you?" Musa asked, feeling the confusion in the three adults.

"What matters is that Beatrix wasn't at the assembly," Aisha stated.

Anya, Ben and Farah all looked at each other, knowing that Beatrix might be the fairy they're looking for. No. It was obvious that Beatrix was the fairy.

"We know someone killed Callum-" Terra said and they looked at her, "-and it was a fairy and the assembly was to find out who so can we please drop the bullshit,"

"Terra," Ben said, trying to get her to stop with the accusations. It was strange for him, seeing his little girl take so much authority and it made him wonder when she started to grow up.

"No, no, you don't get to shush me and if something happens to Bloom because you didn't tell us-" Terra started going on a rant but Aisha cut her off.

"We haven't heard from Bloom in hours and nobodys seen Beatrix," Aisha explained, a lot calmer than Terra.

Suddenly, Saul rushed through the door, stopping when he saw the kids. His gaze flicked between Anya and them, wondering what to say.

"Its alright, they know," Anya explained and he nodded, looking at her.

"One of the Queens guards was knocked out, his SUV is gone," he explained before leaving, the others preparing to follow.

"We'll find her, I promise," Anya said before rushing out the door after Saul, Ben and Farah following.

☆☆☆

THEY WAITED IN THE ROAD UNTIL the SUV came along and they used their magic to stop it. It skid across the tarmac, stopping in the middle of the road with a jolt.

Beatrix stepped out forst, gasping as her feet sunk into the tarmac with every step like it had melted.

"Not today," Farah said, slamming the cuffs on Beatrix's hands. They stopped her powers, creating a painful sensation to dull the magic.

"What are these things?" She asked, whimpering as she felt them dig painfully into her wrists, stopping the flow of her magic.

Bloom tried to get out and Anya and Saul approached from the other side, yelling at her to stop it.

Anya grabbed Bloom, holding her as she struggled in her grasp. She didn't want to hurt the girl but knew that she needed to be stopped.

She didn't know the extent of what she could do. Rosalind was locked down there and she was a danger to everyone.

"Take Bloom, we'll handle this," Farah said and Anya tightened her grip on Bloom as the teenager tried to struggle.

"Calm down, we just want to help," Anya said and Saul came over, helping take Bloom away

They drove back with Bloom in the back of the car with Anya. It was horrifically silent, nobody knowing what to say as Bloom sat in the back of the SUV.

But when they got back, of her friends were waiting. Musa, Aisha and Terra waited outside as Anya escorted Bloom out of the car and towards her friends.

They all joined a group hug and Anya looked at them with a sad face, hoping Bloom was okay.

They walked over to Farahs car where Saul helped Beatrix out with a less nicer demeanor than he had with Bloom.

"We were so worried about you," Aisha said to Bloom, all the girls asking her questions, trying to demonstrate

"Beatrix is not some monster," Bloom explained, trying to defend herself; she knew what her friends would think.

"Bloom, she killed Callum," Terra stated, looking at her friend confused.

"Who told you that?" Bloom asked as she went back into the defense.

"Dowding, Silva, Winchester, Harvey," Musa explained. She knew she could trust the teachers even if Bloom didn't.

"Do you have proof?" Bloom asked, her tone harsh like she didn't trust the teachers despite them trying to help her.

"Why would they say it if it wasn't true?" Aisha questioned. She blindly trusted the teachers, sometimes a little too much.

"You never know why people really do things," Bloom said, silence engulfing the friends.

Bloom left to talk to Sky, the girls walking to the suite alone.

"Sky?" Saul asked, standing next to Anya as they saw him talking to Bloom.

They walked in with Sky, locking Beatrix up in the prison before walking off, Sky following.

"You two could've told me what was going on," Sky said angrily, following them outside.

Anya was stressed out enough as it was and couldn't be asked to deal with Skys teen angst right now.

"We told you what you needed to know," Saul defended them as they walked into the cafeteria.

"You said, stick close to Bloom we want to know more about her, that is not the same as, Bloom might be in danger from a killer," Sky explained and Anya turned to look at Saul.

"You asked him to spy on Bloom?" She asked and Saul sighed. He looked at her for a second, contemplating what to say.

"Another time, please." He turned to look at Sky, "What you are doing is important Sky, but you have to trust me, trust is."

"I do, but its hard when I know that you can't even trust your girlfriend," Sky took a deep breath, "I need to know the whole truth,"

Saul sighed, "One of the lessons you are at this school to learn is that sometimes, a soldier just had to take orders. So let me reiterate them. You are to gain Blooms trust, find out everything you can, including what happened on that road trip, and you are to tell me,"

It was silent for a second, Anya glaring at Saul. Even after a week of dating and years of being friends, he didn't trust her with this.

"That is where your loyalty lies Sky. To me, to us, to Alfea" Saul explained, "No one else,"

Anya stormed off, unable to handle the conversation anymore. This situation wasn't going to end well for anyone and she knew that from first hand experience.

Memories of everything that happened when she was on the same situation flooded back, tears welling up in Anyas eyes.

"Anya," Saul called out, taking one last look at Sky before chasing after her.

1286 words