Sand man

Constantine's pov

I had never woken anybody from a dream before, I would just watch until it was almost over, then leave. But I regret waking Jennifer up. as soon as I pushed her off the cliff the world around me started to crumble. black smoke gathered around the buildings and they crashed down. The reapers in her dream turned to sand, swirling around my feet. cracks appeared all over the roads and sidewalks. the sand at my feet gathered up, creating a smirking image of a old man. the world around me crumbled and crashed down, as the old man formed himself out of sand. when his weak frail form was made the floor below us was the only thing left. he didn't open his smiling mouth but his voice echoed around me. "I am the sand man, reaper. The one and only dream keeper. Don't wake my guest from there sleep. For the ground will fall from under your feet."

I was in my room. The floor of the dream had fallen and I had appeared in my room. Even though I knew this, I was still extremely confused. The sand man wasn't real. was he? Wouldn't I have met him by now? I've bin reaping for 10 centuries, I had bin in millions of dreams, why was I just know meeting the sand man. Ever since Jennifer had come into the picture everything has bin out of whack.

I made my way to the stables, I needed to get to the office before anyone else did. I didn't want the demon to do anything without me there. I rushed out of the underworld, heading as quickly as traffic would let me to the office. Once i arrived I quickly parked and headed to my office. I walked into the small boring box of a room, I had no idea what my job actually was, but it was important enough for me to get an office.

A Mac Book was sitting on the center of my desk and a desktop was on the right corner of it. the back wall was made out of windows that over looked the downtown area. I was on the top floor, across from Jennifer's office and to the right of the Demons. I had never seen a room more boring. the carpet was an ugly brown and the walls were an odd grayish color. the only good thing about it was the windows. there wasn't even a fake plant or a picture of the staff. just a desk and some windows. "it'll look better once you decorate it." Jennifer was standing in the door way. I hadn't noticed her before. "how long have you bin standing there?" I asked, I hoped that she hadn't bin there long. "I said that before I walked in, I knew you would think it was boring. Everyone does." I caught myself for letting out a sigh of relief. looking at her I noticed she wasn't wearing a lot of makeup and her hair was simple. Her outfit was also simple, composed of a long navy blue skirt and a white shirt. the only thing that made it look fancy was the silver necklace with a blue stone attached to it. she doesn't put a lot of effort into getting ready I thought.

She stood there silently, waiting for me to say something. "um, does your office look like this?" I wasn't the best when it came to talking to people. She nodded and said "if you need help decorating it I could help you." I smiled, I wasn't used to people being kind. "that would be amazing." she smiled and looked towards my desk. "um, do you need anything right now, I could help you with whatever you need." I didn't want to tell her that I wouldn't even use my computer, so I improvised. "um, no I got everything, I let you know if I need any help though." she smiled and nodded at me. she turned to leave and before she shut the door she peaked her head in and asked. "hey what's you favorite kind of plant?" I had to think, I didn't know a lot about plants, so I chose the one that was easiest to take care of. " a cactus." she seemed a little confused but didn't say anything about it, she just nodded her head and said okay, before she shut the door and left. I sat down in the squishy brown chair. I looked at my computer, it flashed that I had an email. I opened the email and read it

Dear Mr.Real

Thank you for being are new financial adviser, I'm looking forward to working with you!

You'll find everything you'll need on your new Mac Book. The Mac Book is yours to keep, you may  take it home after work or leave it in the building. you are aloud to decorate your office as you please, the only restrictions I have is that you do not use paint or glue on the walls. welcome to the company, and good luck!

From Mr.Castor

I stared at the screen, I was a financial adviser? What do those people even do? I opened the Mac Book and looked at my assignments. Quickly finishing all of them in about an hour. (reapers are incredibly smart) Then started to think of how I wanted my office to look. Just because I was a reaper doesn't mean I wanted my office to look dark and scary. I enjoyed the color blue and dark greens. The colors of earth.

I walked down to the storage rooms(everything nobody wants, not people's actual stuff) in the basement, I was not gonna spend money on an office that I would only be in for 4 weeks. Finding a few dark blue chair and grabbed two. Then i grabbed a dark green lamp and a couple green pencil holders. I put the lamp and pencil holders in one of the blue chairs, then I held onto both chairs and teleported to the elevator (reapers can only teleport short distances) once I reached the top floor I teleported as close to my Office as I could get.

I happened to but two yards away from my door and started to pull the chairs to my office. Once inside I took off my suit coat and rolled up my sleeves. I put the lamp and pencil holders on my desk placing pencils in one of the holders and pens in the other. Then I started to move the chairs. I placed them in front of my desk each of them slightly facing inwards.

I sensed someone outside the door and then I herd a soft knock on it. "come in." Jennifer open the door, she had her hands behind her back and was radiating happiness. "What are you so happy about?" I smiled at the kind women in front of me. She seemed a little confused, but then laughed slightly and saying "Oh, its nothing, I just brought you something." I was a little confused. Why would she bring me a gift? all of my confusion melted away when she pulled a small cactus from behind her back. I couldn't help but smile at her kindness, "You didn't have to get me any thing." i said, but i was still smiling. she smiled back and said "I know, but i wanted to help you bring a little life into your office." She set the cactus on my desk and then walked out of my office. when she shut the door I sighed inwardly, why did the best people have to die?