Deaths kiss is long and sweet

***not edited***

The party was in full swing when me and Constantine walked in, several people where already covering the dance floor.

I gripped his arm a little tighter, and almost gasped when I felt his muscles tighten, dang he's hot. I could help but think about what kind of boyfriend he would be.

I quickly stopped myself from thinking about it, it was never gonna work out, I was going to be dead in two hours. I hadn't told him, but I knew that I was going to die soon about a month before I saw him in the cemetery, I had a rare heart condition, my heart will get tired and stop pumping, and even thought they put everything they could on or in my chest to try to help my heart it never worked. They said my heart would probably stop for good sometime this year.

  Constantine led me into the room, suddenly my favorite song came on, a sly smile spread across my face. I grabbed Constantine and pulled him to the dance floor.

   He was an amazing dancer, I mean I was a good dancer but he was amazing. He grabbed my hips in just the right way, his body moved in perfect sync with the music, the smile on his face was probably a copy of mine, it felt amazing to dance with him.

    After a few more songs we decided to get a drink, we walked into the kitchen and I immediately wanted to disappear.

My ex boyfriend sat against the counter, a drink in hand.  Alex, the only man who ever hit me.

Constantine must have noticed me tense up because he looked at me with confusion swirling in his eyes.

All it took was for me to glance at Alex before Constantine new something had happened between us. Something flashed through his eyes, anger?

Alex caught me staring and smiled wickedly, the same look in his eyes that he had when he would beat me.

I had to go to therapy because of him, he wasn't ever arrested though, he somehow weaseled his way out of it, just like he does with all his other problems. I hadn't seen him since we broke up, I didn't even see pictures of him. I had eventually moved on, it took me a year but I was able to conquer my fears and start to flirt again (so far it's only a little) but seeing him brings back all of the pain.

He walked over to us and looked at me, he hissed in a wicked way "so the whore finally got a new boyfriend." Constantine visibly restrained himself from hitting Alex, his fist clenched and unclenched, and his jaw was twitching. Alex continued his verbal assault, "oh I forgot the little bitch isn't scared anymore, to bad you're still hideous." Constantine hissed through his teeth "back off man." Alex only smiled more, I moved to hide behind Constantine, holding his sides. "Is this the new boyfriend?" Alex looked at me as if I was a five year old "does the poor little brat still get punished?" He looked at Constantine and greeted him as a friend, "she's a bit of a tough one, but if you hit her enough she'll calm down." He spoke of me like a kind of horse, as if I was some kind of untamed stallion.

Constantine's fist went white, his eyes grew dark, a aura of rage swirled around him. He was pissed. "Look dude, walk away." His voice dripped with deadly venom, Alex seemed taken aback. Anger began to grow in his eyes. "What are you going to do if I don't?" He snapped back. He reached for my arm and I squeezed Constantine's waist.

In one swift movement a fist collided with Alex's face, blood poured from his nose. A full blow fight broke out.

I almost felt bad for Alex, he kept trying to land a punch, but Constantine would always counter strike him, landing blow after devastating blow. Eventually Alex was barely standing, his eyes where black and his face was red with blood from his nose, a few scratches bled from his eyebrow and his right cheek. His chest heaved and his arms shook, Constantine however, looked just like he did before. The only thing different was his bloody knuckles, it wasn't his blood, but the blood of my biggest fear.

Constantine grabbed my arm and left Alex gripping onto the counter in a effort to stay standing. I was dragged outside and to a gazebo, it was dark outside, the only thing I could see was Constantine's partially glowing eyes. He looked down at me with a cold face. "How many times?" He asked me. I knew what he was asking. "Four" I whispered back. His grip on my arm tightened. "He hit you four times?" He growled out.  I stuttered out my reply, "n-no, he beat me four t-times." Constantine grabbed both of my shoulders, I stared at the ground. "Why didn't you leave him the first time?" He whispered with agony. "I tried, but he threatened to kill me if I left." I looked up at Constantine, scared of what I might see.

Constantine looked as if he had bin stabbed, agony was pooled in his beautiful eyes. "Jennifer, you deserve so much better." I was about to respond when my watch beeped 11:58pm. I closed my eyes and sighed, "Thank you Constantine, thank you for fighting Alex, thank you for coming to the party, and thank you for being my friend." I couldn't help the tear that escaped my eye, Constantine was a good friend.

Constantine grabbed my chin and held my eyes with his. "Every thing will be okay Jennifer." He whispered. The slowly and leaned down and placed his lips on mine. I kissed him back, it wasn't a hot and rough kiss, it was soft and sweet, it was long. A long loving kiss, one that I had never had. We both pulled back, I felt extremely tired. Constantine's hands held my softly my the waist and I griped his shoulders for support, it felt like I was falling asleep, every movement was a struggle, soon it became hard to stand.

I leaned on Constantine for support, he gently took my cloak off, leaving me in a black shirt and jeans. He carefully picked me up bridal stile and sat on the bench. I curled up on his lap and struggled to keep my eyes open, Constantine kept whispering over and over again that it would be okay. But I realized that I didn't want to leave him, I wanted to love and kiss him longer.
I didn't want to die.