An angry death

As Jennifer, or Jen, led me around I tuned her out, Nodding along and humming my answers. I still wasn't paying attention to her when she got annoyed in front of Mr. Castors office.
I was listening to the building, it was full of spirits. Spirits, or ghost, enter the human world when they are attached to something, or have unsolved business, a message. The amount of spirits trapped in the building were rare. There was about 300 in the large office building, those kinds of numbers usually are in prisons or hospitals.

Suddenly I felt death calling me, his anger flowed through me as he asked for me. Red hot rage filled my being as I tried to keep Jennifer from noticing my sudden shock. In the parking lot I could tell she was confused but I was surprised when she asked for my name. I was a reaper so long that i had almost forgotten my name, but it floated to the front of my mind like a foggy and distant sound Constantine real.
It had been so long since I heard it said, they way it fell of her lips sent shivers down my spine. But I couldn't relish in the feeling, death was furious.

I drove as fast as I could, swerving and passing cars as I rushed to the cemetery. The closer I got the more I changed. My clothes fell into long smokey robes, my skin faded into black fog pooling into the shape of a skeleton. As soon as my bike crossed through the cemetery gates it morphed into a large skeleton of a horse, it's sinister form was draped with a light blue glow of ghostly skin. It ran straight towards a family's tomb, jumping as we entered the underworld. We roughly landed onto the hard dirt that plagued the land, but my horse never slowed, it could feel deaths rage. Rushing through the fields I prepared myself when we got close to the doors. We hit it at full speed, the horse disappearing, I flew into the castle, tumbling when I hit the floor, rolling into a running stance at the end of the hall. I didn't stop moving as I sprinted down the halls, flying past red and purple reapers. One or two black reapers stood against the wall watching me. Curiosity loomed around them.

When I reached the thrown room I stopped immediately. the amount of anger coming from the other side of the door was enough to make me dizzy. I lightly knocked on the large door. It flew open, revealing a very pissed off Death.

"YOU WALKED RIGHT PAST HIM!!" Death was screaming at me. I hadn't ever seen his face, but just then I realized that it was probably good that I couldn't a see it. His fury crawled through the room in itchy waves of anger. "How could you have been so blind!" He growled at me. "You're supposed to be my best reaper!"

I remained still, having no idea what he was talking about. "The demon reaper, you walked past a demon and didn't even notice." Deaths voice had lowered into a more frustrated tone, disappointment laced his words. I was in shock. How could I miss a demon! Then it hit me, like a tidal wave of shock, Mr.Castor.

I had walked strait past his office, to focused on the spirits in the building to notice the presence of a demon hiding behind a thin wall. I should have known by the amour of spirits that something was off, but I blew it off as a construction accident or a old cemetery yard. How could I have been such an idiot?