The funeral part:2

Jules (P.O.V.)

Once everybody was settled and seated looking to the front holding onto dad's hand as the pastor began to speak. " Coach Robert " The Buzzer" Fernando, was a caretaker by profession. What a wonderful word that is to describe a fellow man. He truly took care, When Robert knew that his time was short, he told me that there was a man he wanted to talk to, to memorise him. so lenny Feder to come up now." Watching Ace's dad get up walking over to the podium I squeeze dad's hand telling him I'm here. " I'm sorry, I'm not prepared at all. I'm very honoured that the coach asked me to do this. I also feel terrible, because I haven't seen him in so long and he always wanted me to come to town to see him. I got caught up in what I've been doing and I regret it. I understand the Saint Marks championship of 1978 is the only team coach ever had and, uh, that's pretty impressive judging from the talent we had to offer. I mean believe it or not, Robbie and Marcus were actually shorter in 1998." I started giggling and I could hear ace laugh. He has a really nice laugh. "Yeah, but they mastered something you never had. they knew how to pass the ball." Dad retorted " looks like someone has to learn Kentucky fried chicken." making everyone laugh once again at his joke. "I'm kidding. I'm kidding, look , we are here to say goodbye to a big part of our lives, you affected everyone in this room. And um, I hope we get to live or live like you have no regrets when life's final buzzer sounds. So uh, let's all bow our heads in silence ''Lenny finishes. I squeeze dad's hand one more time before wiping my face from the tears streaming down my face.

After Lenny had finished one of dad's friends Robbie begins to sing Ave Maria, while holding the photo of the coach. Lenny, Kurt, Marcus, dad, ace and I started laughing. I looked over at the pastor and he was mortified that only made me laugh harder. I feel aces hand on my shoulder and lean back " hey baby 5 bucks he gets on one knee." not knowing that our parents are watching the interaction and just like that he's on one knee opening my clutch passing him the money making me snort. Before the song ends a great idea pops into my head once Robbie finishes I cup my hand and make the buzzer sound everyone's laughing dad gives me a high five. "Grow up will ya." "why don't you grow". I retorted Robbie looking angry walking off stage " Aww look at him don't be so mad Robbie." lenny says After the ceremony I followed my family outside to the area which is now full of tables filled with food, grabbing some food on my plate and a drink of lemonade jumping slightly when feeling hands on my waist knowing it's Ace leaning into him smiling bowing my head hiding my blush, turning around with my head down i feel his fingers under my chin lifting it so I'm looking him in the eyes "Don't hide from me baby girl I see that you get flushed really easy with the nicknames huh?" he asks nodding my head in response not being able to find the words.

I look to see that our parents are in a gazebo watching us. Ace also turns his head to look as well, then I see Bean run towards mum knowing what's coming. "oh no" I mumble. Ace hears " Mommy I want some milk." watching this unfold "Oh sure angel. Come here, I'll give you something." mom says casually pulling her boob out " Slow down, honey. Not such big gulps. You're gonna get a tummy ache." hiding my face in Ace's chest from embarrassment I want to crawl into a hole and hide. out of the corner of my eye I look at the others. They all look equally disturbed watching the event unravel before them "Your son is so cute." Roxanne was the first to speak, still in shock "How old is he?" Lenny asked, holding a chuckle in looking at aces and in discomfort. still with my head in his chest I hear" that's going to be us one day, only with a baby.'' Ace says in a low tone so I only hear slapping his chest " what you know it's true." "Oh, he's 48 months old." Dad reply's Kurt looked shocked. "That's 4." He spoke bluntly. I feel my face move as Ace's chest vibrates "Yeah I know ." dad said while scratching his bristly chin

"Hey, sweetheart?" Mom called over to Donna who was heading over to Kurt's daughter with a large piece of cake on a floral paper plate. She was picking it apart with her fingers and putting the pieces into her mouth. "Could you use a fork, please?" She asked when she got Donna's attention turned from her cake to mum. The donna looked almost offended when she asked, as if it was outrageous for her to ask. "No. No, no, no!" She screamed being dramatic as normal , attracting the attention of not only the rest of the mothers but also the dad's Ace plus some bystanders , but it didn't stop there, with the rest of the funeral party sending her fleeting glances. Kurt chuckled under her breath at Donna before he turned to dad and I again, looking down in embarrassment, also noticing Ace was laughing discreetly. "Looks like she didn't get the memo." "I'm so sorry." " There's nothing to apologise for, my brothers are somewhat worse. But can I walk you to the car? "Ace says "Yeah, of course , are you coming to the lake house?" I ask hoping he says yes " Yeah but only for a little while my family are going to Milan for mum's fashion show." "oh" I say with a frown on my face feeling sad. "hey hey we can spend as much time together before I leave. ok I'll see you there " he says nodding in response.

Getting in my car thinking this going to be one hell of a weekend