The Last Buzzer

(Ace P.O.V)

Walking throughout the house you could immediately hear screams and chainsaws coming from the living/dinning room and unfortunately that's normal in the Feder household. Sitting at the dining table with my textbook and laptop out studying for the SAT in the fall, even being scouted by several colleges for soccer doesn't mean I can let my grades suffer. Dad may be 'the biggest agent in Hollywood' but I never became a spoiled brat and asked everything that dad can buy, unlike my two younger brothers Greg and Kiethie and hopefully Becky will never turn out like them. "God you two are unbelievable." I told them but they ignored me anyway which is very rude. As I try to get into the zone dad comes in with an old game 'chutes and ladders' which we used to play when I was younger, but unfortunately mum and dad became busy so they hired Rita, a nanny who deserves a raise due to having to deal with my brothers shit 24/7.

''I'm the biggest agent in Hollywood and you just pissed me!'' Dad yelled I'm not going to be surprised if it's sandy, I groaned at the loudness in the house. ''And now I'll pull Brad Pitt from your movie. I'll pull Julia Roberts from your movie. I don't care Sandy!'' Dad threatened over the phone but no shit it was sandy " That's right Sandy you better back down. Alright thank you, have a good Fourth of July, love you too." Dad says sitting down one the couch, as I make my way to the couch where dad is sitting down next to him "What's up boy's? Hey" dad snapping his fingers in front of their faces try to gain their attention but end up ignoring him like they did to me, I've always wondered how we are actually related . "Greggie, Kiethie." both still playing that shitty game choosing to ignore dad once again. "You guys ever played an actual game called chutes and ladders, Ace and I would play this all the time. It's a pretty great game." Dad said still try to get their attention. I chuckled remembering those days. "Okay so what it is, they give you a spinner. And you spin. If you land on a ladder, you get to climb the ladder. And if you land on a chute you go down the chute and you start all over again." Dad explained and finally Greg decided to answer. "Yeah. What happens when you win? They get a training bra?" I swear one day I'm going to strangle that little shit I sigh as Greg questions "Yeah dad that game sounds like it sucks." Kiethie finally chimes in. I tug my hair then run my hands down my face ready to kill them both, just wishing those little shits would just enjoy the little things in life.

"I'm telling you both, this was the greatest game. Me, Jay and my buddies would play it all the time and drink hot chocolate " dad said as if reminiscing about those days. And then Kiethie took his eyes away from the screen for a second. "You know I wouldn't mind a hot chocolate." him thinking out loud then beginning to shout " Rita! Rita!" I groan in annoyance, shaking my head " Dude you got to text her. She's doing the laundry." I give dad the real look but I can't believe Kiethie is actually considering texting her. Why can't he get his lazy ass off the couch and make it himself? I decide to clip him up the side of the head and dad just laughs. "Hey dad, we were at Spielberg's house yesterday. They have a 150inch tv. Can we get one?" I lose it as dad is just chuckling they think that entitled to anything but think again you little fucks. "When direct E.T., then I'll buy one of those. "Dad remarked Walking back towards my stuff, I closed my laptop and booked knowing it'll have to wait.

Looking at the tv and seeing one of the most violent games I'm witnessing, I don't understand why they're so focused on the game. "What's the object here? I don't understand." Dad said, wondering, I finally stepped in speaking, "Apparently you're on a cruise ship and you can chop people's heads off with a chainsaw?" I asked them then Kiethie said " oh don't forget you can drown them as well." I'm just looking at them with wide eyes thinking what is wrong with this generation. it just gets worse seeing them throw a granny overboard. With all the noise at least you can hear the home. great days they were . "Maybe I should get some chamomile for my throat too." Kiethie thought to himself I just looked at him in disbelief and disgusted by the fact they're texting the nanny. "Stop texting the nanny." Dad and I said simultaneously, " Do you know how gross it is a kid texting his nanny, just walk down the hallway ." "Why? you text everybody, same with you Ace." Kiethie says "I text people for my job so I can make money to pay for your texting, and for ace- I text dad and mum to let them know I'm actually alive and safe." Dad and I said smirking in response. Rita comes rushing down the hallway " Okay I've got everything, for you boys." Giving them what they wanted "Who was that on the phone Rita?" Dad asks " Sorry Mr Feder, I don't know Becky answered." She explained to dad " thanks for making that." "Oh my god, Rita this isn't Godiva . What are you trying to poison me." as Greg yelled over the noise . What the actual fuck is wrong with them. " You know what, go back to texting the nanny. I don't ever want that again." Dad declared and got up to leave.

I turned my head seeing my car being driven across the grass. I know I put it in park, dad sees this as well "What the heck is going on out here." rushing outside as my car crashed into one of the outside tables. "Oh my god." Sprinting to my car I see Becky hop out as I hold her in my arms. "Beck's what were you thinking, are you alright?" She looked at dad and I. "I was trying to use the navy." Dad and I were confused about what the navy is. "The Navy? What's the navy beck?" I asked As she explained I realised what she meant "You mean the navigation system idiot." Kiethie remarked I clipped him up the side of the head. "Someone called, he said your friend Coach Buzzer went to heaven. So I was using the navy station so you can visit him , who's your friend dad? She asked before replying. I looked at dad as he looked at me with glassy eyes taking a deep breath. " He was a special person in Ace's and I's life." As they left to go inside I turned to dad pulling him into a hug and finally breaking down in his arms remembering him coming to most of my soccer games growing up.