Chapter 32

Chapter 32 – Wesley

After we finished going into detail about our poorly laid plan I turned back and wrapped myself up in Nick. I didn't care how much we had to fight or who we had to kill, I would be taking my mate with me today. We were going to go south, somewhere warm with a beach. Nick was used to living by water and I had never seen the ocean before. We would find a small house somewhere secluded. Nick would be able to feed from me and I would be able to hunt for my food. We could live completely off the grid.

As much as I tried not to I fell asleep at some point. We had been up all night and I was still starving. I could tell Nick was hungry too but I didn't want to bring up what happened before so I didn't mention it.

I woke up to loud knocks on the door and a man's voice shouting that we had five minutes to get dressed and get out. I could feel Nick's muscles tense below me, I knew he was worried. I didn't want to untangle myself from his arms but I knew this was fighting time. If we managed to pull this off then we could be together forever. I hadn't told Nick my thoughts about the mating and how we had changed because I had no way to confirm it, but maybe, just maybe, I got Nicks immortality as well.

"Come on, we should get dressed," he said after another minute. 

We gave each other one last hug and a knowing look before putting our clothes back on and walking towards the door. Nick took my hand in his and knocked to let them know we were ready. They opened the door and a gruff looking vampire sneered before pulling out a gun and letting us pass.

"That wouldn't kill either one of us," I said slightly defensively, what did he take us for?

"No, I'm not allowed to kill either of you, but it'll sure as hell slow you down if you try to run," he said with a smirk and I resisted the urge to punch him in the face.

We started walking down the stairs and I could feel us both tensing, preparing for a fight. I was determined to get away this time. I still didn't want to leave Stacy and Colin and Jack but I knew they would be fine, they would take care of each other. I was a little worried for Nick's dad too but he never would have agreed to this if he didn't think he would be safe.

When we reached the bottom of the stairs we turned the corner to where there were two cars waiting. Something didn't feel right though, or should I say smell right? They were leading us both towards the cars but I couldn't smell one werewolf.

I looked over at Nick and he looked back worried, he noticed too.

Another second later the infuriating man himself got out of the car. Clive. He had a smug look on his face that had me wanting to gun for him already. I could feel Nick pause slightly at his presence but it wasn't until Hunter and Kent got out of the car that he squeezed my hand so hard I was afraid he would break it.

I growled at the sight of all three of them. Especially Kent, who currently had a look on his face like it was Christmas morning.

"What's going on?" Nick asked, I could hear his voice shake. I really hoped he wasn't planning on going back on the plan. We both needed to fight if this was going to work and I've been waiting for an excuse to rip Kent's throat out ever since the first time.