Chapter 30

Chapter 30 — Wesley

After about a day most of my wounds had healed. I could still feel some internal damage but at least I could move without sharp pains going up and down my spine. I was sore all over and there was dried blood soaked into my pants and all over the rest of me. My hands were still tied behind my back, the ropes digging into my skin so those hadn't healed and they wouldn't until someone took them off. The worst part though was the muzzle attached to my head. It made me feel like an animal. Well I guess I was an animal, but an animal they now feared.

I never meant to hurt the Alpha like I did. I was acting out of instinct, the mating mark was still fresh and they were trying to tear us apart. When I thought about that night I got a sick feeling in my stomach. I tried to remember how I had been able to defy the Alpha. Part of me didn't want to admit it but the other part knew it was true. I was part vampire now.

It made sense even if it made me shiver. The red eyes, the vampire venom from my bite, the way I was able to break the Alpha command. It scared me. I needed to talk to Nick, but I knew the chance of that was zero until they were forced to let us see each other.

I managed to move myself to the corner of the cell and I curled up into a ball trying to create what little warmth I could. I couldn't even count the number of times I had been locked up in the past few months. Although I never thought my own pack would be the ones to do it.

Another couple of hours went by and then I heard footsteps coming down the hall. I could see more lights from flashlights, it was a group of people. I instantly tensed remembering the beating from just yesterday. I wouldn't put it past them to do it again.

They finally came to a halt in front of the cell and even though I couldn't make out features because of the bright light they were shining in my eyes I recognized the smell as Eric. I doubt he was here to beat me into the ground like Jasper, but he couldn't be happy. I wanted to ask him if his dad was ok but the muzzle prevented me from anything but a grunt or two.

I heard keys and they were opening the cell. A man walked towards me and took off the muzzle. I gasped for breath but didn't look up at them, I didn't want Eric to think I was challenging him. Anyone would be able to beat me at a fight in this state.

"I would apologize for Jasper's actions but I agree that you deserved it," he said and I just tried to bow lower from where I was on the ground. I wanted to explain but I had a feeling he didn't want to hear it and I would probably just get slapped. I wanted to say something though.

"How is he?" I whispered hoping the answer wasn't anything that would make this entire situation worse.

"He's stable for now but the doctor said he's not going to last more than a week," his voice sounded like a mix of anger and pain. I never meant to make him go through this.

"Please let me help," I whispered again afraid that talking at a normal volume would just piss him off more.

"Don't you think you've done enough! What more could you possibly do Wesley," he growled at me.

"Please, I'll call Nick, I'll ask —"

"You're not involving more vampires in pack business! How are we supposed to get this through your thick head? They are the enemy Wesley. They have been hunting us for years, they kill humans and they suffocate the land to survive. They are not our allies!"

He was losing patience fast, I had to think of something.

"Then let me call the witches! I can call Liz. They're powerful Eric, they'll be able to help," I said begging now. The only thing worse than being locked up here for my mistake was not being able to do anything about it.