Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – Wesley

Last night that bastard left me with blue balls and I barely got any sleep. Now I had school and I looked like a crack addict with these bags under my eyes. He knew we couldn't see each other again until after the full moon, why did he have to go and do that?

I got dressed quickly. A simple dark green t-shirt, that might be intentionally a little too small for me, and a pair of jeans. I shoveled down a bowl of cereal before I heard the doorbell ring which meant it was just about time to go.

I opened the door to a boy that was probably around 12 years old, shaggy blonde hair and big blue eyes, his name was Jack. He was the omega assigned to clean my house for me. I tried to tell the Alpha that I didn't need anyone to clean for me but he insisted. He said they couldn't contribute to the pack any other way so in order to feel useful they were assigned jobs like this. In return they were given any food left over from the hunt after all the higher class wolves had taken what they wanted, and they were given the south side of the territory to live.

In my eyes it was a raw deal but I couldn't do much about hundreds of years of pack tradition.

"Good morning Jack," I greeted cheerfully as I opened the door. He looked so small, I knew he was 12 but his size made him look like a six year old.

"Good morning Wesley," he said in a small voice, but he was smiling today which made me feel a little at ease. He got picked on a lot, all the omegas are to an extent, but he seemed to get the brunt of it. I tried to help him out when I could.

I let him inside and he immediately started walking towards the kitchen where the small cupboard full of cleaning supplies was.

"Remember to keep the house locked while you're here and lock up when you leave alright?" I asked grabbing my backpack off the couch and swinging it over my shoulder.

"No problem, I'll see you later, have a good day at school Wesley," he yelled from the kitchen and I felt that familiar guilt settle in.

He was an omega, he wasn't allowed to go to school. I knew Jack really wanted to go too. I caught him trying to teach himself how to read a few months ago. The poor little guy jumped a mile in the air when I came back from school early that day and caught him on my computer. He apologized over and over but I honestly didn't care. I thought he was looking up porn but when I looked at the internet history I found educational websites.

Since that day I had been purposefully leaving my laptop out on the coffee table for him but something told me he hasn't touched it since. I couldn't tell him he could use it though. If I did and someone found out I would be accused of special treatment. Jack wasn't my mate so he would be transferred and I didn't want to think about who he might end up with. I just made sure he locked the doors when I left so no one would mess with him and tried to look out for him when I could.

I hurried to the vans before they decided to go without me. All the vehicles were regulated by the Alpha. Said he didn't want us having free reign over human territory, I guess it made sense. There were 16 of us that went to the high school. I got into the third van from the front, like I do every day, and was greeted with enthusiastic hellos from Stacy and Colin.

"Dude I thought you were going to miss it," he said as the van pulled away from the gates.

"Nah, just a rough night," I said rubbing my eyes, I still felt dead and I didn't have any coffee yet. It was true as werewolves our body temperature ran a lot higher than humans, which meant that we would burns things off faster like caffeine or alcohol, but that doesn't mean if we drink enough it doesn't affect us. Coffee was a necessary thing for me these days, but there was no time this morning and now I was pouting.