Chapter 8

Harry's pov

"YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE HOUSE WHEN YOU'RE GROUNDED HARRY THAT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE" My mother growled at me, I'm actually not sure if this was really my mother or a female Gavin tearing their vocal chords up at me.

"Yeah and you aren't supposed to have a kid if you're just gonna stop giving a rats ass about them as soon as you meet someone new, THAT defeats the purpose" My mother was looking at me like i grew 3 heads and i knew she was mad but i couldn't care less, if she was gonna act like i was the only person in this house doing wrong then i was gonna have to defend myself, whatever the outcome I'm sure it'll be better than being in this moment right now.

"Don't look at me like that mom, I'm only speaking facts and you know it. You think Gavin and Emily are angels around here and when they spew their trash you believe them without thinking about me, i thought you knew me better than anyone on this earth but i guess i thought wrong because these 2 imbeciles come along and all of a sudden I'm a drug addict who refuses to obey you! " i was fuming now, i probably look like all the blood in my body has rushed to the surface of my skin.

"you told me to give them a chance and i did, you told me it'll take some time for us to warm up to one another and i gave it time, this time around it seems like you're telling me I'M the problem and you know what maybe i am but i have good reason to be. Ground me for the next century, take away my devices, rid me of my car, hell you can kick me out! But I'm telling you now those won't make me like them or live happily ever after while you're in this relationship, marriage whatever" i backed away shaking my head and started running up the stairs to go to the confinement of my room where i could be away from the nightmares running loose in my house.

"Gavin i don't know, i don't know, i just don't know" i heard my mother through the vent beside my bed, she was crying, I've never talked to my mother the way i did downstairs but Gavin and his minion brought that kind of energy out in me and if she didn't realize it then i couldn't help her too.

"we'll talk to him, yeah? Our first family meeting, he'll get on board eventually how does that sound?" Him comforting my mother almost made me warm up to him, he treated her like a flower he was scared would die if he pulled it from its home in the dirt and failed to take care of it. I couldn't deny how well he treated her and i wanted that for her, that gentle love and care every woman deserves, the love and cared she deserved the most after everything she's been through. But his love for her and distaste for me was something i knew that couldn't work no matter how hard we tried , the both of us living in this house with the same hatred towards each other but love for my mother would surely be a problem that would end up killing us both.

"Yeah that sounds good, i really wish he would try to accept it, i just want us all to be happy now, we all deserve it." she sniffled and i heard her sit down on a couch and him sitting beside her, maybe they were cuddling now...

"he'll come around i promise, we'll talk when Emily gets home okay?"

"okay"

I closed my eyes with a sigh escaping me maybe this talk would work, maybe i could be able to put aside my differences with Gavin to the point where we could actually get along and let my mother see a peaceful sight. Maybe.

My mind was in between a state of a deep sleep and being aware of the world around me that was wide awake when i heard my name

"Harry" shake "harry" another shake "Harry darling" shake "wake up please we need to have a chat downstairs with Gavin and Emily, our first family meeting" a vigorous shake.

"I'm up, I'm up, I'm up mom, jeez" I opened my eyes to see my mother with a certain spark in her eye, one of hope maybe? "come,come hunny! Lets go downstairs now" she ran off to the steps while i still tried to sit up "HES AWAKE" i heard her yell and i chuckled, she sounded like a little kid whos getting the last person up on Christmas morning.

"How nice of you to join us Harry" I looked up from the floor to see Gavin, Emily and My mom all gathered around the dinner table "ehm yeah, i guess" Emily set down her phone and glared at me and somehow this glare looked nicer than the rest shes given me in the time span of me knowing her. Almost a month.

"Haz, would you like to start the meeting with telling us how you feel?" my mothers cheery voice sounded much like that of a therapist' "CALMLY" Gavin just had to add, his voice annoyed me to no end it was ridiculous and i wasn't sure if it was just me or the fact that he was trying to crawl under my skin 24/7 that had me feeling like this... or maybe he just truly was annoying.

"Well, i feel ehm..like...i feel like betrayed almost...or just like everyone's ganging up on me here, getting grounded over a FAKE photo of me apparently doing drugs, which mom you know i would never do especially not after what happened, and you yelling at me earlier and me feeling like Emily and Gavin are constantly ganging up on me, its not the greatest feeling, i feel like they just scheme on how to throw me under the bus next, you know? And its not like you ever believe me when i tell you no or defend myself against them and i get you guys are getting married soon and everyone is trying to make an effort but i just feel like everyone of you keep making me out to be the enemy and its driving me insane, I'm real close to feeling the way i felt when we were in Holmes mum, and to get it out now, maybe i shouldn't have gone out today after you grounded me but i just couldn't stay here i needed air and i got the offer and took it as soon as it came, i didn't really think about it, hell i even forgot i was grounded but if it makes you feel better my time at the mall wasn't too peachy" It felt good to get all of that off of my chest but then the mention of the mall made me think about Angel, i wonder what she's doing now probably not having to deal with anything like this i bet.

"Wow, that is a lot to carry Haz, i guess i am really sorry i didn't take the time to consider how you felt, i was just so caught up in trying to make Gavin and Emily feel comfortable and make this a real family unit i forgot to give you the time it would take for all of us to feel comfortable with each other, i truly am sorry, i should have known you felt this way" my mother looked at me with a little remorse and i felt my heart clench, i didn't want her thinking this was all her fault.

"um, Anne? I think i should admit that photo of Harry was fake" Emily spoke up, a surprise to me she turned to me and apologized. Maybe things would get better here after all

"All right guys, see this wasn't so bad talking things out, but now I've got to make dinner, we're having guest over i think we should make some friends on the block " Gavin voiced and got up from the table, not even saying anything about how he felt but i let it go

"oh yes yes, the neighbours from down the road right? Ah..um the...um the" my mother struggled remember their last name

"The Liasons honey!" i heard come from the kitchen "OH yes the Liasons, what a name huh?"

The Liasons, Angel Liaison was gonna be in my house, having dinner here with me tonight. God was on my side after all.