Chapter 7

Angels pov

It had only been 3 minutes since i got to the house, 2 of which i had spent outside of the entrance to it trying to come up with a reason why i was gone longer than i said i would be knowing my father would have a real go at me like always, 30 seconds fumbling with the key and actually getting inside the house and the last 30 seconds with my dad waving his arms around and yelling. As always i tuned him out ready for whatever he would do to me, if he was in a good mood prior to this he would probably just take away my phone or something, which wasn't too bad i wasn't obsessed with my phone like other teenagers...possibly because the only people who called were Shae, Layla and Jase. If he was in a horrid mood like usual he'd probably end up hitting me more times than whats needed for a simple punishment. I waited.

"I'm sick of you doing this Ang" His voice got low as he said this and he shook his head. I took in his state, he looked like he hadn't slept in months and his stubble was 3 days away from a full on beard. He never used my nickname..or he hasn't in about 6 years at least, something had to be up.

"I'm sorry i swear i didn't mean to be out longer than i told you i would be i promise, i really did try to come home earlier i swear but.." He looked like he didn't believe me

"but what?" his jaw was clenching a little now but not in the angry way. "but i just..you know...when I'm with Jase he alwa-"

"JASE? You mean to tell me you're still with him? I recall telling you he had to go! I told you he was no good what the hell are you still doing with him Angelica?"

"i tried breaking up with him i swear! He just..won't let me" I told him as if he was a friend who cared about what Jase would and wouldn't let me do

"So this Jase delinquent has more power over you than me huh? It seems you'll bend over backwards at his beck and call but can't come home on time when i tell you too, to save your life you're really getting on my nerves Ang" he said going back to his low voice as he started rubbing his eyes

"Are you okay, dad?" i was genuinely concerned I'd never seen him this wiped out looking and come to think of it it's been a long time since i seen him this...sober?

"I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm just really tired and my eyes burn and you not listening to me when i need you to is not helping my case" He looked at me defeated like he realized there was a war he wasn't winning or ever could. "Come here please" i stood there so confused he'd never used the word please with me let alone to ask me to come to him, i went to him or he would drag me were he needed me. "Please Ang, i know what you're thinking and i promise you i won't hurt you" i slowly started walking towards him till i was an inch away from his towering figure and what happened next couldn't be a bigger shock to me, i waited until he threw a crooked smile my way with tears in his eyes and slammed me into his chest the bruises he left the night before all crying in unison.

"I'm so so sorry" he started crying full on like someone who had won the lottery but had the ticket blow away in the wind. "This life is not the life your mother would have wanted, not for her, you or me and I'm so sorry I've done this to you, to us, i know its my fault she left, i know i always blame her leaving on you but i know it was my fault, what I've done to myself and this family, i know it was and is all my fault" It was shocking to see and hear my Father, a 6'3 black man who could make Goliath bow down to him and grew up in a time where tears from the eyes of a man were unacceptable, crying, to hear him acknowledge the fact that he's made life a living hell for me made me get emotional, thinking about my mother and where she could be now, She had left when i was 11, sick of the games my dad played with her and all the times she would come home to find him drunk and with a new girl in her bed she left while i was at school, she left a letter on my bed telling me that she would be back for me at some point but that point never came, it used to keep me going, keep me strong waiting for the day she would be at my side helping me to leave and we could be happy again, it tore me up to know she was probably off on the other side of the world, out of California, happy with a new Husband who treats her like gold and kids who light up at the sight of her, it tore me up to think she was never coming back here, never coming back for the only thing that truly remained for her here, me. this entire moment was tearing me apart i was about to burst at my seams till my father whispered something so low i wasn't sure if he was talking to me or himself.

"I'm gonna get better, be better...for us...i promise"

and those were the words that gave me the bit of strength i needed to do better myself and i never thought they would come from the main entity that broke me down and put me in the position I'm in today.  

———————————————

And we are back in action! Tell me what you think please

vote, comment all that jazz .

This chapter and the next don't have much to do with Harry and Angel together, only separately.