Chapter 54

You're currently in Resatsu Prison, standing beside Hawkins. He was not pleased upon seeing his crew defeated, but he was relieved that you managed to take out the remaining members of the heart pirates.

"Seems like you didn't want to harm them, instead..you simply knocked them out unconscious."

You glance at him.

"I only have problem with their captain, not the crew members themselves."

He gives you a side eye.

"Interesting."

You heard someone's voice enter the room, you turn around and see one of the Tobiroppo member -  X Drake.

Come to think of it...X Drake directly serves Kaidou, meanwhile Hawkins serves both the shogun and Kaido. He can even order Orochi's men around however he wants.

You can't help but notice some sort of tension between them, you feel like you're missing something..

This Drake dude is suspicious.

You walk up to him and take off your mask, directly look at him in his eyes and read his thoughts using your observation Haki.

Drake's eyes widen upon seeing you giving him a smug smirk, you slowly walk out of the room leaving him frustrated.

"This makes us two spies then."

You think to yourself, thanks to your observation skills..you just obtained a new information about Drake.
Perhaps he relaxed his mind a little too much..

You're pretty lucky this scythe has chosen you as it's holder.

Why are you lucky?

As soon as you made contact with the scythe, some of your mother's memories transferred into your mind. Those memories also involve her knowledge of Poneglyphs language.

It sounds like an absurd but you can perfectly read and write in that language now, which is pretty amazing.

You're sitting by yourself, scribbling on a paper when X Drake comes up to you.

"You were in an alliance with the Straw hats and Heart pirates, right?"

You nod and continue writing on a piece of paper.

"What do you know about their plans? Tell me everything."

You look up.

"Absolutely nothing, they didn't trust me enough to share it with me."

His eyes darken, meanwhile you remain calm.

"Liar."

You remain quiet.

"You joined Kaido far too easily, what exactly are you planning?!"

You give him a smug smirk and stand up, folding the paper in your hand.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Marine."

He turns pale upon hearing you reveal his secret identity out of nowhere.

Seems like he spend years building his secret reputation as a "pirate", only for you to figure it out just by looking into his mind for two seconds.
He steps back and pulls out his gun, pointing it at your head.

"Before you kill me, I hope you're aware that Kaidou is going to slaughter you for killing his future in law."

He looks even more shocked upon hearing this.