Chapter 3

Days..weeks..months went by, Law got accustomed to the Donquixote family. You've taught him how to physically fight and defend himself, meanwhile other family members trained him to use weapons.
Day by day, you two got closer and closer, Both of you were inseparable. Donquixote family members have noticed how close you two were, but never questioned it.
After all..thanks to Law, you became more active and sociable durning the missions.
Within a blink of an eye, two years have passed.
Law's disease, as expected..got worse. It spread all across his body. You could see him struggling even though he tried to hide it.

"LAW! BEHIND YOU!"

a pirate was about to smack him with a bat when you pushed him down on the floor. The bat barely missed your head.
Right then, Diamante shoots the pirate, giving both you a chance to run away. You help up Law, who seems to be struggling to breathe.

"Y/n, what happened?"

Doflamingo suddenly appears Infront of you.

"Father, Law...doesn't look good."

"Bring him to the ship, we'll be there in a minute."

You pick up Law in your arms

"Y/n-ya, what are you doing?!"

Law barely manges to speak out

"Stay quiet, I'm bringing you to the ship."

As soon as you get on the dock, Law suddenly slips out of your arms and dashes towards the bathroom. He didn't even have time to close the door..and puked.
You entered the bathroom and pat him on the shoulder, making sure he was okay.

"Y/n-ya..please..don't look."

You help him to get cleaned up and bring him over to bed, you remove his jacket and see the white patterns have spread across his skin.

"Law.."

You were obviously upset, he tried to hide his pain.

"I'm fine, these symptoms started earlier than I thought."

"You're not fine!"

You clench your fist, angry that he has to go through something like this.

"I already told you all, it won't be long till i-"

"Don't.. don't say that."

Suddenly, the door opens revealing your father.

"Father, can we help him? Is there a way to cure his disease?"

"No, there's no cure to White lead disease."

Doflamingo responds coldly, completely shattering your hope.

"What if he eats a devil fruit?"

You suggest the first thing that came to mind, but Doflamingo gives you a glare before walking out of the room.

You clench your fist in anger. You didn't want to lose your friend of two years, you weren't ready to lose another person.

"I still have time Y/n-ya."

You grab his trembling hand.

"I can't let this happen..not again.."

You mumble to yourself.

"Y/n, what do you mean...again?"

You have never told him what happened to your mom before.

"Nothing..just rest."

We've arrived back home but things haven't been the same. Law got weaker and weaker day by day but he pretended like he was fine.